Adobe and Google have collaborated to put the Flash Player plug-in inside a sandbox within Chrome, an effort by the two companies to better protect users from attacks.
Internet Explorer 6 was originally released in the summer of 2001. At the time, it was a significant step forward for Microsoft and helped to establish Internet Explorer as a dominant force in Web browsers. The venerable browser has put up a good fig...
Though most recently expected to debut in October, Google's Chrome Web Store may now finally be on the verge of launching.
The browser wars have changed. During the last couple of years, the four or five leading browsers have all greatly improved -- to the point that the choice often comes down to taste or political conviction, as in "I hate Microsoft and I'll never use ...
A vulnerability in the Android browser could permit an attacker to steal the user's local data, according to a report yesterday from security expert, Thomas Cannon.
Along with its audited financial statements indicating a revenue increase of 34 percent last year, Mozilla late last week also published a "State of Mozilla" report providing a glimpse at what the organization is planning for the future.
Although Firefox's usage share has been stalled for the last year, Mozilla's revenues were up 34% in 2009, largely on the back of money paid the organization by Google and other search engines.
Apple today patched 27 vulnerabilities in Safari for Mac OS X and Windows, 85 per cent of them critical bugs that could be exploited to hijack Macs or PCs.
Microsoft on Wednesday patched an enterprise security tool that had blocked some copies of Chrome from updating.
Microsoft's top executive for Internet Explorer (IE) today dismissed browser speed trials as "at best, not very useful, and at worst, misleading."
Does the world need yet another browser? It depends. If you're like me, and spend a lot of time on the Web, but not too much time with social networking sites, you don't. Firefox and Chrome and even IE (not to mention Safari or Opera) are more than e...
Do you still go to Twitter.com every time you want to tweet something? That, my friends, is one colossal waste of time (not to mention a hassle).
Speed is supposed to be a hallmark of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9, but the head of a Web optimization firm says improvements are negligible on the most popular Websites.
The timing might sound suspicious to some observers, but Mozilla has just announced a social networking plugin for Firefox that offers some of the features found in the much-heralded RockMelt social browser, the limited-availability beta of which was...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW