The blogosphere may be buzzing about Google's Chrome OS and Chrome Web Store this week, but Google itself is focusing on its original Chrome product: The Chrome Web browser.
Google on Thursday patched 13 vulnerabilities in Chrome as it shifted the most stable edition of the browser to version 8.
Adobe and Google have collaborated to put the Flash Player plug-in inside a sandbox within Chrome, an effort by the two companies to better protect users from attacks.
Internet Explorer 6 was originally released in the summer of 2001. At the time, it was a significant step forward for Microsoft and helped to establish Internet Explorer as a dominant force in Web browsers. The venerable browser has put up a good fig...
Though most recently expected to debut in October, Google's Chrome Web Store may now finally be on the verge of launching.
The browser wars have changed. During the last couple of years, the four or five leading browsers have all greatly improved -- to the point that the choice often comes down to taste or political conviction, as in "I hate Microsoft and I'll never use ...
A vulnerability in the Android browser could permit an attacker to steal the user's local data, according to a report yesterday from security expert, Thomas Cannon.
Along with its audited financial statements indicating a revenue increase of 34 percent last year, Mozilla late last week also published a "State of Mozilla" report providing a glimpse at what the organization is planning for the future.
Although Firefox's usage share has been stalled for the last year, Mozilla's revenues were up 34% in 2009, largely on the back of money paid the organization by Google and other search engines.
Apple today patched 27 vulnerabilities in Safari for Mac OS X and Windows, 85 per cent of them critical bugs that could be exploited to hijack Macs or PCs.
Microsoft on Wednesday patched an enterprise security tool that had blocked some copies of Chrome from updating.
Microsoft's top executive for Internet Explorer (IE) today dismissed browser speed trials as "at best, not very useful, and at worst, misleading."
Does the world need yet another browser? It depends. If you're like me, and spend a lot of time on the Web, but not too much time with social networking sites, you don't. Firefox and Chrome and even IE (not to mention Safari or Opera) are more than e...
Do you still go to Twitter.com every time you want to tweet something? That, my friends, is one colossal waste of time (not to mention a hassle).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Architect - PeopleSoft HCM Global Payroll 9.1 -9.2 .VIC
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPProgram Control ManagerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearningSA
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC