We live in an age of invention and scientific discovery. But there are things about some inventions that science simply cannot explain. Here are 10 things that I simply do not understand about consumer technology:
Google had a good month in September, with its search share gaining and rivals Yahoo and Microsoft Bing taking a hit.
Mozilla's release of Firefox 4 Beta 1 for Android (and Maemo) phones brought with it some cheers -- and some jeers. Though Firefox 4 Beta 1 showed improvements in some areas, it stumbled in others, leaving users yearning for speedy future enhancement...
Mozilla has released the first beta versions of Firefox 4 for mobile phones. Versions are available for download for Android-based smartphones and for the Nokia N900, Mozilla said in blog post on Thursday.
Earlier this month Net Applications released browser share numbers showing a slight decline for Internet Explorer, but still nearly three times the market share of second place Firefox. New numbers from StatCounter, however, show Internet Explorer be...
Although Internet Explorer (IE) continues to slowly lose the war for browser share, its rate of decline has slowed since Microsoft launched IE8, according to data from one Web metrics firm.
The Xmarks browser bookmark sync service is soliciting pledges from potential customers willing to pay at least $10 annually, saying that it will reconsider staying in business if it collects 100,000 promises.
The Google URL shortening service Goo.gl, that allows you to transform long Web addresses into short easy to remember links, was opened to the public Friday. After nine months of testing the Goog.gl service, Google now joins the ranks of Bit.ly, Tiny...
The quick start of Internet Explorer 9's beta last month wasn't enough to prevent Microsoft's browser from again losing share to rivals from Google and Apple, a Web measurement firm said today.
New Web browser market share stats are out. This past month has seen a decline in the overall market share of the Internet Explorer franchise, but breaking things down by version shows that more users are adopting the latest generation of Web browser...
In its continuing attempts to make the Web faster, Google is trimming down the size of image files, which make up about 65 per cent of the bytes on the Web.
Fans of the bookmark, password and tab sync service Xmarks have spoken, and the response was so encouraging that Xmarks is no longer dead-set on shutting down.
Users of Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) are more vulnerable to rogue DLL attacks than people who use rival browsers such as Mozilla's Firefox or Google's Chrome, a security researcher said today.
They say privacy doesn't exist on the Web -- but that doesn't mean you can't try to safeguard your personal information. Our computers are loaded with details about our personal and business lives, and it's definitely not acceptable to reveal them ha...
Microsoft's new Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) browser will require Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), a not-yet-released major update to the operating system, the company said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.Net/Crystal Report) 160504/AP/vtdAsia
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk OperatorACT