Opera has announced a full-fledged Opera Mobile browser for smartphones running the Google Android OS. Opera Mobile for Android, which is slated to arrived within a month, will feature hardware acceleration and pinch-to-zoom functionality.
The Mozilla Corporation announced Thursday that SAP executive Gary Kovacs is its new CEO, a move that gives the Firefox Web browser backer a leader with ample experience in mobile software.
Opera Software will release the mobile version of its browser for Android-based smartphones within a month, the Norwegian company said in a blog post on Thursday.
We live in an age of invention and scientific discovery. But there are things about some inventions that science simply cannot explain. Here are 10 things that I simply do not understand about consumer technology:
Google had a good month in September, with its search share gaining and rivals Yahoo and Microsoft Bing taking a hit.
Mozilla's release of Firefox 4 Beta 1 for Android (and Maemo) phones brought with it some cheers -- and some jeers. Though Firefox 4 Beta 1 showed improvements in some areas, it stumbled in others, leaving users yearning for speedy future enhancement...
Mozilla has released the first beta versions of Firefox 4 for mobile phones. Versions are available for download for Android-based smartphones and for the Nokia N900, Mozilla said in blog post on Thursday.
Earlier this month Net Applications released browser share numbers showing a slight decline for Internet Explorer, but still nearly three times the market share of second place Firefox. New numbers from StatCounter, however, show Internet Explorer be...
Although Internet Explorer (IE) continues to slowly lose the war for browser share, its rate of decline has slowed since Microsoft launched IE8, according to data from one Web metrics firm.
The Xmarks browser bookmark sync service is soliciting pledges from potential customers willing to pay at least $10 annually, saying that it will reconsider staying in business if it collects 100,000 promises.
The Google URL shortening service Goo.gl, that allows you to transform long Web addresses into short easy to remember links, was opened to the public Friday. After nine months of testing the Goog.gl service, Google now joins the ranks of Bit.ly, Tiny...
The quick start of Internet Explorer 9's beta last month wasn't enough to prevent Microsoft's browser from again losing share to rivals from Google and Apple, a Web measurement firm said today.
New Web browser market share stats are out. This past month has seen a decline in the overall market share of the Internet Explorer franchise, but breaking things down by version shows that more users are adopting the latest generation of Web browser...
In its continuing attempts to make the Web faster, Google is trimming down the size of image files, which make up about 65 per cent of the bytes on the Web.
Fans of the bookmark, password and tab sync service Xmarks have spoken, and the response was so encouraging that Xmarks is no longer dead-set on shutting down.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
- Yahoo pushes back timing of Verizon deal after breaches
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW