They say privacy doesn't exist on the Web -- but that doesn't mean you can't try to safeguard your personal information. Our computers are loaded with details about our personal and business lives, and it's definitely not acceptable to reveal them ha...
Microsoft's new Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) browser will require Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), a not-yet-released major update to the operating system, the company said today.
"Evercookie" is the browser cookie that just won't go away. If you're concerned about having your Web browsing history tracked, you, like most people, will probably delete your cookies and clear your browsers' caches. However, evercookie, written in ...
Once upon a time, in the distant past, there was VGA. VGA begat "Windows Accelerators" -- graphics chips that were slightly enhanced beyond dumb frame buffers in order to accelerate Windows-specific functions to paint small "w" windows on the screen ...
Microsoft yesterday announced that users had downloaded more than two million copies of its Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) beta in the two days after its 15 September launch.
Mozilla this week updated all versions of Firefox, including the beta of the upcoming Firefox 4, to fix stability problems that crashed the browser.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 -- now in public beta -- is the newest version of Microsoft's browser. Compared with IE 8, it's faster, with a streamlined interface. But it's also still A beta, and unsurprisingly, some areas still need refinement.
With all the attention paid to Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox in recent years, it's easy to forget that Internet Explorer is still the World's most widely used Web browser.
Those who have written off IE as being slow and old-looking are in for a surprise. The just-released Internet Explorer 9 beta is dramatically faster than its predecessor, sports an elegant, stripped-down interface and adds some useful new features.
Today, Microsoft is hosting a special event in San Francisco to officially launch the public beta of Internet Explorer 9. It will be many months -- probably about a year -- before IE9 is out of beta and becomes the official flagship Web browser from ...
Microsoft today released the first public beta of Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), its latest effort to reclaim the ground it's lost to rivals Mozilla, Google and others.
Mozilla has stopped providing security updates to Firefox users as it investigates a bug that caused computers to crash last week.
Mozilla, which launched the latest beta of Firefox 4 last week, has started to drop features from the still-under-construction browser.
Apple yesterday patched three vulnerabilities in Safari, including one in the Windows version that quashed a bug Microsoft said individual developers had to fix themselves.
Google CEO Eric Schmidt said Tuesday that the company will launch its TV service in the U.S. this fall.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT