Mozilla will upgrade its Firefox browser with copyright protection technology, fearing a loss of users if they can't play protected content from services like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon.
Microsoft crowed about advances in Internet Explorer 11 for Windows Phone 8.1 earlier this week, but so far reviews from users are mixed.
An experimental feature in test versions of Google's Chrome browser that is intended to provide greater protection against phishing can, in some cases, do the opposite, according to a security company.
If you find yourself with 10 or more tabs open in your browser when you're working or doing research online, there's an easy way to organize them by using pinned tabs.
Microsoft has issued a patch for an Internet Explorer zero-day flaw being actively exploited by malicious hackers and that was first identified Saturday .
Mozilla is going to show advertising to Firefox users to increase its sources of revenue that now mainly comes from Google, the company said Wednesday.
Google said there's no threat from a speech recognition feature in its Chrome browser that a developer said could be used to listen in on users.
Changes in Google Chrome extension ownership can expose thousands of users to aggressive advertising and possibly other threats, two extension developers have recently discovered.
Google released emergency security updates for Chrome in order to patch critical vulnerabilities demonstrated Thursday by a security researcher at the Mobile Pwn2Own hacking competition.
Google has developed a security feature for Chrome that lets the browser detect and stop malware downloads.
Firefox's new support for HTML5's Web audio feature steals the show
Mozilla released 10 patches for three versions of its Firefox browser on Tuesday, five of which are considered critical and could be used to remotely install malicious code.
Adobe has worked with Apple to sandbox Flash Player under Safari in Mac OS X, restricting the ability of attackers to exploit any vulnerabilities they might find in the browser plug-in.
In the fiercely competitive world of Internet services, Google constantly seeks ways to speed up the delivery of content to its hundreds of millions of users.
Google's latest Chrome browser update fixes 50 security problems and gives users the capability to use images as search queries.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC