Oracle is scooping up co-browsing software maker LiveLOOK in a bid to flesh out its suite of customer experience software.
Developers can try out new features of the next version of Internet Explorer using a test edition Microsoft has released for their use.
Google has started an open-source project for a PDF software library, which developers will be able to incorporate into applications designed for a variety of platforms.
Aiming to provide more transparency in how it develops Internet Explorer, Microsoft has launched a website to help keep developers abreast of the latest changes and plans for the browser.
Mozilla will upgrade its Firefox browser with copyright protection technology, fearing a loss of users if they can't play protected content from services like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon.
Microsoft crowed about advances in Internet Explorer 11 for Windows Phone 8.1 earlier this week, but so far reviews from users are mixed.
An experimental feature in test versions of Google's Chrome browser that is intended to provide greater protection against phishing can, in some cases, do the opposite, according to a security company.
If you find yourself with 10 or more tabs open in your browser when you're working or doing research online, there's an easy way to organize them by using pinned tabs.
Microsoft has issued a patch for an Internet Explorer zero-day flaw being actively exploited by malicious hackers and that was first identified Saturday .
Mozilla is going to show advertising to Firefox users to increase its sources of revenue that now mainly comes from Google, the company said Wednesday.
Google said there's no threat from a speech recognition feature in its Chrome browser that a developer said could be used to listen in on users.
Changes in Google Chrome extension ownership can expose thousands of users to aggressive advertising and possibly other threats, two extension developers have recently discovered.
Google released emergency security updates for Chrome in order to patch critical vulnerabilities demonstrated Thursday by a security researcher at the Mobile Pwn2Own hacking competition.
Google has developed a security feature for Chrome that lets the browser detect and stop malware downloads.
Firefox's new support for HTML5's Web audio feature steals the show
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm's new chip may be too late as ARM server market fades
- Democrats unveil bill to probe Russia's role in alleged election hacks
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FTPerformance TesterNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- CCProduct OwnerNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW