Adobe is working on a fix for a Flash Player vulnerability that can be exploited via clickjacking techniques to turn on people's webcams or microphones without their knowledge.
Opera Software has released an update for its desktop browser in order to address a critical vulnerability in its handling of Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) files, disclosed a week ago. The company denies refusing to patch the flaw when it was brough...
After helping pave the way for platform independent websites and applications, the Mozilla Foundation has set a new, and ambitious, task for itself to standardize mobile applications on the Web platform as well, according to a talk given by its chief...
The latest additions to Nokia's phone portfolio, the C2-05 and the X2-05, come with a new browser that uses Nokia's own compression technology to deliver content faster, the company said in a blog post on Tuesday.
Google isn’t reinventing the wheel with a new feature it is testing that allows any two computers using its Chrome browser to connect with each other.
A year after it pulled the plug on silent updates in Firefox 4, Mozilla said it will debut most of the behind-the-scenes feature by early next year.
True story: I'd been getting fed up with Firefox, in part because it was acting sluggish and flaky, so I decided to give Google's Chrome browser a try. And by "try," I mean make it my primary browser for a couple weeks.
It's the last thing McAfee would want users to hear about one of its products, but the Firefox browser is advising users to disable McAfee's ScriptScan software, saying that it could cause "stability or security problems."
Websites that accidentally distribute rogue code could find it harder to undo the damage if attackers exploit widespread browser support for HTML5 local storage and an increasing tendency for heavy users of Web apps never to close their browser.
Google's Chrome is on the brink of replacing Firefox as the second-most-popular browser, according to one Web statistics firm.
Amazon's new Silk browser has raised some eyebrows among privacy and security experts.
The most interesting feature on Amazon’s newly announced Kindle Fire tablet may be its Silk web browser. The browser promises to improve webpage loading performance by using Amazon’s servers to help render pages.
If you're using a search engine today to find a download of Firefox 7, be careful about the results you click on. That's because a dubious website called Firefox7.org appears high up in those results.
Mozilla yesterday patched 11 vulnerabilities in the desktop edition of Firefox as it upgraded the browser to version 7.
After months of hype, Amazon today announced the Kindle Fire, a 7-inch tablet with a $199 price tag. Amazon also refreshed its line of e-readers with a $149 Kindle Touch 3G, a $99 Kindle Touch without 3G, and a non-Touch $79 Kindle.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCIT Technical WriterACT