U.S. President Barack Obama should oppose legislation intended to let businesses share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies because the bill would allow the sharing of too much personal information, a coalition of digi...
About 4,500 people have indicated they plan to attend a rally Saturday in Washington, D.C., to protest surveillance programs run by the U.S. National Security Agency.
U.S. President Barack Obama should add actual technologists to a group reviewing the nation's surveillance technologies, IT-related groups have said.
The U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to defeat encrypted Internet communications, detailed in news stories this week, are an attack on the security of the Internet and on users' trust in the network, some security experts said.
Google, while announcing its new Chrome operating system late Tuesday, said users would no longer have to worry about viruses, malware and security updates, but security experts disagreed on whether Google can deliver on those promises.
With 2013 coming to an end, we took our annual look back at quotes from news stories over the last 12 months. Here are a handful that stuck with us through the year:
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT