Wireless hotspots that can deliver hundreds of megabits per second in real-world bandwidth will become more common as operators increase their investments in Wi-Fi networks.
Consumers seem to be coming out on top as a growing number of European telecom and cable operators offer discounted mobile subscriptions as a bonus for choosing other services.
Network operator British Telecom is hoping to increase the popularity of its audioconferencing service by extending a high-quality audio feature to users of Web-based conferencing clients.
Health insurer gets hacked ... Twitter's Costolo says the trolls are out ... Silk Road mastermind is guilty ... and more news
BT said it has agreed to acquire mobile operator EE in the U.K. for £12.5 billion (US$19 billion), reflecting growing consolidation in the country's mobile market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Craig Wright claims he is bitcoin inventor Satoshi Nakamoto
- Qatar National Bank claims customer data released by hackers is authentic
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW