Microsoft has been forced to issue service credits to customers affected by recent problems accessing hosted Exchange and SharePoint services, and is promising to improve its system for notifying customers about cloud computing outages.
Citrix's VDI technology has surged ahead of rival VMware's, according to the Burton Group, which says Citrix's XenDesktop software is the first "enterprise-ready" server-hosted virtual desktop product.
Google likes to boast that more than 2 million businesses run Google Apps, but IT pros harbor concerns about security in the cloud and the limited functionality presented by Google tools such as Gmail and Google Docs.
Microsoft's 2010 software suites present "the most complicated lock-in decision in years," and many customers will be justified in sticking with the 2007 versions of Office, Exchange and SharePoint, Burton Group analysts said this week at the Catalys...
The growing maturity of virtual desktop technologies and customer interest in Windows 7 has virtual desktop infrastructure vendors expecting big adoption numbers in 2010. But while most CIOs are at least thinking about desktop virtualization, this y...
Desktop virtualization has a predicted growth curve that leaves much of the PC and IT services industries smiling: Yet none of the technologies or service providers promising to offer hosted virtual desktops are ready to step into key roles in enterp...
Most <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/010710-cios-tweet.html">CIOs</a> have started considering virtual desktop infrastructure and other types of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/021909-desktop-virtualization-faq.html">des...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Indian privacy case against WhatsApp gains momentum
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- TPInternal Controls Specialist - BAQLD
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- TPService Deliver ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Java Developer x2ACT
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCTechnology Support Specialist - Multiple RolesSA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCService Desk SMENSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW