Microsoft has fused a number of its new data processing technologies into a single package designed to help organizations get more value from their growing piles of data.
There's been no end in sight to the parade of BI tools appearing on the horizon, and on Friday a new one made its debut, this time with a focus on SMBs.
Microsoft's Power BI data visualization and business intelligence service will be generally available in two weeks, marking a major milestone for the new product.
What good is big data if you don't have the proper tools to make sense of it? A startup, Kyvos Insights, can transform terabytes of information stored on Hadoop clusters into easy-to-parse data cubes, the format business analysts prefer.
It would have been easy enough for Dunkin' Donuts to dismiss the Internet phenomenon "Dressgate" as irrelevant to its brand. What, after all, could an online debate over optical illusions and the color of a dress possibly have to do with pastry and c...
It was a typically busy year for SAP, with the company making headlines for strong sales of its HANA in-memory database, high-profile acquisitions and aggressive moves into cloud computing.
Whitepapers about business intelligence
This paper explains why, with big data, it’s not about the type, amount or speed of data, but rather what we do with that data and the speed at which we do it. • Business intelligence reports and dashboards simply won’t give you with the level of detail and agility you need • Analytics can help gain a competitive advantage, but developing analytics maturity will help sustain that • This paper walks through each step of the analytics maturity journey, providing insights into the capabilities and tools to consider
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW