A new SAP rapid-deployment service aims to help enterprises tap its Hana in-memory database and computing platform for business-intelligence initiatives involving Big Data.
Workday is expanding its move into analytics with a series of specialized, predictive applications designed to help staff in HR and financial management roles retain top workers and make more accurate forecasts.
Amassing a pile of big data is not sufficient to spur insight, even if you have clever ways of analyzing that data. The savvy data scientist must also find a way to make all this information tell a story so it can be understandable to others.
The knock against Salesforce.com has long been for its lack of robust analytics, but the company is hoping to change that perception and challenge the competition with Wave, its sixth discrete Cloud service.
Continuing its efforts to bring business intelligence to the masses, software provider Qlik has released Qlik Sense, which is designed to provide business managers with an easy way to examine large data sets for insights and trends.
SAP has made a series of updates to its InfiniteInsight predictive modeling software and Lumira data-visualization tool in a bid to shore up its foothold in the analytics market.
Add Tibco to the list of vendors pushing a full stack of so-called "customer engagement" software, which companies use to track and analyze consumer behavior in hopes of building deeper relationships with them and ultimately, selling more products an...
Teradata has bought the assets of Revelytix and Hadapt in a bid to grow out its capabilities for the Hadoop big-data processing framework.
Software provider Actuate is offering a free way for business units to analyze enterprise data and present the results in a format that is easy to understand.
Salesforce.com is rollling out enhancements to its Salesforce1 mobile application, with new reporting and dashboard capabilities that give users a way to dig deeper and more broadly into CRM data.
Microsoft will soon offer a service aimed at making machine-learning technology more widely usable.
In the NLP (natural language processing) business for a while, Attensity sees an opportunity to get new customers with Q, a visualization tool it says can help non-technical users like marketers find insights in oceans of social media data.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison is taking the fight to IBM, Microsoft and SAP in the burgeoning in-memory database market with a new option the company says can deliver dramatic performance boosts without requiring changes to applications.
The upcoming update of Tableau Software's flagship business-intelligence application includes the ability to add a narrative to a report, allowing authors to tell a story about the data being displayed.
SAP is scooping up SeeWhy, maker of real-time targeted marketing software, in a bid to flesh out the omni-channel commerce platform it gained through last year's acquisition of Hybris.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
- Bounty for iOS jailbreak exploit jumps to US$1.5 million
- Researchers make progress toward computer video recognition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW