IBM has acquired virtual assistant software startup Cognea, with plans to roll its capabilities into the Watson cognitive computing platform.
Baidu has scored a win over Google by hiring Andrew Ng, founder of the "Google Brain," to run the Chinese Internet giant's artificial intelligence labs.
Platfora is continuing to evolve its Hadoop-focused analytics platform with a series of features catering to various user roles, such as data scientists and business analysts.
All the hype around big data last year didn't drive big growth in the worldwide BI (business-intelligence) and analytics market, according to research firm Gartner.
SAP is making good on a promise to migrate its Ariba e-commerce software to the Hana in-memory computing platform, and says an initial step has already produced staggering performance improvements.
Tibco has acquired Jaspersoft for US$185 million in a deal that will give it a widely used embedded BI (business-intelligence) suite to sell alongside its existing Spotfire analytics product.
SAP reported a strong growth in cloud revenue and fast adoption of its HANA platform in the first quarter, while its software revenue dipped from the same quarter in the previous year.
Oracle is rolling out a new in-memory application for its J.D. Edwards ERP (enterprise resource planning) software that's aimed at giving customers real-time insights into their supply chain in order to avoid calamities and optimize day-to-day busine...
Teradata is hoping to gain ground in the hotly competitive data-warehousing and analytics market with QueryGrid, a new product that allows users to run a single SQL-based query across multiple data stores, from Teradata's own system to Hadoop and riv...
SimpleQL thinks the best way to bring business intelligence to people who've never drilled into big data is to help them decide what they want to know.
SAP is continuing to merge its HANA in-memory database platform with its Business Warehouse data warehousing software, with the latest update adding support for HANA's real-time data loading services.
Informatica hopes to save business analysts time by allowing them to build their own queries and reports, without requiring the IT department to do all the assembly work.
Microsoft is about to make a fresh run at its CRM (customer relationship management) rival Salesforce.com with new capabilities for marketing automation, customer support and social media monitoring.
Intel is continuing to build out its array of software tools for the Hadoop open-source big data processing framework, with an emphasis on the security and reliability features demanded by large enterprises.
Microsoft's new service, Power BI, provides a way to analyze data and present the results in a visually appealing way, without the bother of consulting an enterprise business intelligence software package.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
- Apple patches iOS security flaws found in spyware targeting activist
- Informatica CEO: 'Data security is an unsolved problem'
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst | End to End TestingNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD