When Microsoft announced that it would be offering consumers a free upgrade to Windows 10, it got a lot of people talking. After all, the company charged US$199 per license for consumers to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional just six years ago. So cle...
Apple and Intel are both making progress in their efforts to hire more women and minorities, according to figures released by the companies this week.
Struggling HTC is cutting 15 per cent of its work force in an attempt to cut costs and revive its ailing smartphone business.
In the wake of lackluster earnings, Lenovo said it is working towards pumping out products faster from its newly acquired Motorola Mobility division.
Lenovo is laying off 3200 employees and trimming down its smartphone portfolio in response to a slowdown in its PC and handset sales.
Watch the first episode in our new series Breakout Startups here.
Intel's US$740 million investment in software company Cloudera will help sell more x86 chips in Hadoop installations, but it could also be a defensive move to maintain its server lead from the emerging threat posed by 64-bit ARM servers.
Last week, Salesforce.com reported its fourth-quarter and year-end fiscal 2014 results, announcing a major bump in revenue and even raising its guidance significantly. But the fast-growing cloud vendor is also continuing to post significant losses as...
SAP's strategy event for the investment community on Tuesday offered few major surprises to anyone who's been closely monitoring the software vendor lately, but did serve to cement the company's future direction for product development, growth and cu...
By selling Motorola Mobility to Lenovo, Google is ending a combination that never really worked out while keeping assets that could prove valuable down the road.
Whitepapers about business issues
For a number of industries, there is room for delays caused by poor performance of IT infrastructure, and the importance of a solid monitoring system has never been greater. Read about how the Midcontinent Independent System Operator was able to tackle this challenge and effectively administer one of the world’s largest energy markets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia