When Microsoft announced that it would be offering consumers a free upgrade to Windows 10, it got a lot of people talking. After all, the company charged US$199 per license for consumers to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional just six years ago. So cle...
Apple and Intel are both making progress in their efforts to hire more women and minorities, according to figures released by the companies this week.
Struggling HTC is cutting 15 per cent of its work force in an attempt to cut costs and revive its ailing smartphone business.
In the wake of lackluster earnings, Lenovo said it is working towards pumping out products faster from its newly acquired Motorola Mobility division.
Lenovo is laying off 3200 employees and trimming down its smartphone portfolio in response to a slowdown in its PC and handset sales.
Watch the first episode in our new series Breakout Startups here.
Intel's US$740 million investment in software company Cloudera will help sell more x86 chips in Hadoop installations, but it could also be a defensive move to maintain its server lead from the emerging threat posed by 64-bit ARM servers.
Last week, Salesforce.com reported its fourth-quarter and year-end fiscal 2014 results, announcing a major bump in revenue and even raising its guidance significantly. But the fast-growing cloud vendor is also continuing to post significant losses as...
SAP's strategy event for the investment community on Tuesday offered few major surprises to anyone who's been closely monitoring the software vendor lately, but did serve to cement the company's future direction for product development, growth and cu...
By selling Motorola Mobility to Lenovo, Google is ending a combination that never really worked out while keeping assets that could prove valuable down the road.
Whitepapers about business issues
For a number of industries, there is room for delays caused by poor performance of IT infrastructure, and the importance of a solid monitoring system has never been greater. Read about how the Midcontinent Independent System Operator was able to tackle this challenge and effectively administer one of the world’s largest energy markets.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
- Assange seeks to discuss his US extradition with the feds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD