When Microsoft announced that it would be offering consumers a free upgrade to Windows 10, it got a lot of people talking. After all, the company charged US$199 per license for consumers to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional just six years ago. So cle...
Apple and Intel are both making progress in their efforts to hire more women and minorities, according to figures released by the companies this week.
Struggling HTC is cutting 15 per cent of its work force in an attempt to cut costs and revive its ailing smartphone business.
In the wake of lackluster earnings, Lenovo said it is working towards pumping out products faster from its newly acquired Motorola Mobility division.
Lenovo is laying off 3200 employees and trimming down its smartphone portfolio in response to a slowdown in its PC and handset sales.
Watch the first episode in our new series Breakout Startups here.
Intel's US$740 million investment in software company Cloudera will help sell more x86 chips in Hadoop installations, but it could also be a defensive move to maintain its server lead from the emerging threat posed by 64-bit ARM servers.
Last week, Salesforce.com reported its fourth-quarter and year-end fiscal 2014 results, announcing a major bump in revenue and even raising its guidance significantly. But the fast-growing cloud vendor is also continuing to post significant losses as...
SAP's strategy event for the investment community on Tuesday offered few major surprises to anyone who's been closely monitoring the software vendor lately, but did serve to cement the company's future direction for product development, growth and cu...
By selling Motorola Mobility to Lenovo, Google is ending a combination that never really worked out while keeping assets that could prove valuable down the road.
Whitepapers about business issues
For a number of industries, there is room for delays caused by poor performance of IT infrastructure, and the importance of a solid monitoring system has never been greater. Read about how the Midcontinent Independent System Operator was able to tackle this challenge and effectively administer one of the world’s largest energy markets.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- Google and Slack deepen partnership in the face of Microsoft Teams
- Fitbit scoops up rival fitness tracker maker Pebble
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTAPI DeveloperNSW
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- CCSenior Cisco Network EngineerWA
- CCAgile TesterNSW