SAP has acquired SmartOps in a move the company says will allow it to develop real-time supply chain applications that take advantage of SAP's HANA in-memory database.
Even though PC giants Hewlett-Packard and Dell reported significant year-over-year sales declines, tech stocks, buoyed by signs of confidence from other IT vendors, started to rise again Friday after slumping for most of the week.
Alcatel-Lucent's board has appointed Michel Combes as the company's new Chief Executive Officer, following Ben Verwaayen's recent resignation.
Intel has acquired appMobi's HTML5 developer tools division and hired its tools-related technical staff, to likely boost its presence in the mobile apps developer market.
Hewlett-Packard's CEO has dismissed persistent rumours that the company might break itself up in a move that could create more value for shareholders.
Hewlett-Packard reported a drop in profit for the last quarter as printer and PC sales both declined, but said cost-cutting measures the company announced last year are starting to pay off.
Square made it possible for small businesses to accept credit cards via smartphone. Today the company unveiled a decidedly non-mobile solution: a payment system for brick-and-mortar stores.
The fund manager who has taken Apple through the courts to stop it from allowing shareholders to vote on a measure that he believes could see Apple eliminate preferred stock from its charter, has made an appeal to Apple shareholders to join him in a ...
They are probably the biggest cellphone makers most people have never heard of. Despite ranking third and fourth in the global smartphone market in the fourth quarter, mention Huawei and ZTE to many Americans or Europeans and you're likely to be met ...
Oracle is moving 130 manufacturing jobs from Mexico to Oregon in the U.S., a company spokeswoman said.
Twitter is aiming to give marketers more control in how they advertise on the site by giving them access to its API through third-party service companies.
Salesforce.com is hoping to give its Marketing Cloud product line a fresh boost with a new social advertising platform for Twitter.
The European Parliament's industry committee approved more than 900 amendments to proposed new data protection laws.
France Télécom reported a 4.5 percent drop in revenue in the fourth quarter, blaming much of the decline on regulatory measures.
Dell has reported another quarter of declining revenue and profits as the company's CEO continues his battle to take the PC maker private.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC