Solid sales reports from companies as diverse as Akamai, LinkedIn and NCR as well as positive economic data buoyed shares of IT companies Friday as markets closed in on multiyear highs.
California has terminated its contract with SAP in connection with a US$371 million software system that was supposed to overhaul the state's payroll system but instead ended up mired in major delays and cost overruns.
Intel Capital has invested in software-defined networking company Big Switch Networks, as it hopes to help the company change the way data centers are networked.
Sprint Nextel posted another quarterly loss but reported progress toward becoming just plain Sprint, a company with more money and fewer networks, which it hopes to be by the end of this year.
Former Oracle partner CedarCrestone is alleging the vendor has engaged in an "unlawful and systematic attack" against the third-party support market and has a monopoly on support revenue.
New rules on cyber security across the European Union were presented on Thursday after weeks of speculation and leaked drafts.
Alcatel-Lucent reported a fourth-quarter net loss of €1.37 billion (US$1.81 billion), and at the same time announced it is hunting for a new CEO.
Sony's Vita and PlayStation Portable handheld game consoles continued to struggle in the crucial holiday shopping season, but the company shrunk its overall losses from a year ago and is still on track to return to profitability this fiscal year.
SAP user groups aren't pleased with the vendor's announcement this week that new customers will soon pay more for Standard Support, but at least so far, there doesn't seem to be a backlash as strong as the one that occurred a few years ago over SAP's...
If that computer company he's buying doesn't work out, Michael Dell has another bet going: TV stations.
Salesforce.com has quietly acquired a startup called EntropySoft, a maker of content management and integration software, in a move likely meant to bolster Salesforce.com's Chatterbox service.
European telco carriers on Wednesday urged member states not to cut proposed funding for broadband and cross-border digital service infrastructures.
Twitter has confirmed that it acquired Bluefin Labs, a vendor of data that uses commentary on social networks to measure the effectiveness of commercials and programs on TV.
Free from the bright lights of Wall Street, Dell's decision to go private is likely to lead to the company downplaying if not entirely eliminating consumer products in favor of building out its enterprise product portfolio, analysts said.
Electric utility National Grid is still trying to resolve problems with its recently implemented SAP payroll system that cropped up after Hurricane Sandy, the major storm that caused widespread damage on the U.S. East Coast and the Caribeean in late ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA