Despite some caution about the fortunes of BlackBerry, Facebook and Apple, solid financial results from tech vendors coupled with positive reports about the economy are boosting confidence in IT, with share prices of computer, consumer electronics an...
Adding more performance management muscle to its line of analysis software and services, IBM is acquiring the software assets of Star Analytics.
SAP's burgeoning portfolio of cloud-based applications has prompted it to make some changes to its PartnerEdge channel program.
Google has declined to confirm a report that it narrowly met its deadline for submitting a response to the European Commission over its antitrust concerns about the company.
SAP plans to extend its CRM offering with the acquisition of Ticket-Web, a German specialist in online ticketing for sports and entertainment venues.
Nintendo won't cut the price of the Wii U to boost sagging sales.
Despite saying in December that talks with Google could not go on forever, the European Union's Competition Commissioner Joaquin Almunia seems resigned to more waiting.
Lenovo's net profit for its fiscal third quarter grew by 34 percent year over year, as the company also reported that its smartphone business in China had become profitable for the first time.
Nintendo's new Wii U console had a tough holiday launch, and its 3DS handheld continues to struggle.
Cisco plans to acquire Cognitive Security, a security software company that uses real-time behavioral analysis to detect security threats.
New legislation introduced by a bipartisan group of 10 U.S. senators would nearly double the number of H-1B visas that companies can get each year to hire foreign high-skill workers, including technology employees.
The U.S. Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security have asked for more time to consider Softbank's proposed takeover of Sprint Nextel, a move that may signal a rough road ahead for the US$20 billion deal.
Forbes has published a bullet pointed list of advice for Apple CEO Tim Cook to keep in mind when running Apple
EMC saw fourth-quarter revenue rise 8 percent, driven mainly by strong performance at its VMware subsidiary, while net income rose 5 percent, both record figures for the company.
Actian, formerly Ingres, is to acquire Pervasive Software, a vendor of cloud-based and on-premises software for data management and analysis. The deal is targeted at the growing big data market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Plantronics BackBeat Sense Bluetooth headphones
- OneDrive finally lets you sync shared folders
- Condé Nast parent company jumps into big data market with 1010data purchase
- US counterterrorism expert says it's time to give companies offensive cybercapabilities
- IBM applies some engineering rigor to the Internet of Things
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW