Nokia swung to a net profit during the fourth quarter, as it sold a growing number of Windows Phone-based smartphones.
Apple TV was until now considered a "hobby," by Apple's own admission, but the product has taken on more importance for CEO Tim Cook.
Apple's revenue grew but profit was flat in its first fiscal quarter of 2013, during which sales of iPhones and iPads rose, but Mac and iPod shipments dropped.
Security software provider Symantec is reworking its sales strategy, reorganizing software lines, slimming middle management and increasing marketing and research efforts.
Virtualization software provider VMware has invested US$30 million in Puppet Labs, which makes a widely used, open-source operations management software package called Puppet.
Cisco Systems is planning to acquire Intucell in a bid to make its products more attractive to mobile operators as traffic volume on networks continues to grow.
SAP's revenue in the fourth quarter grew by 12 percent, helped by strong growth in the market for its cloud applications, its HANA in-memory database and mobile applications.
Yahoo has acquired content discovery and sharing website Snip.it, and the service has been shut down.
With a tough 2012 behind it, Advanced Micro Devices hopes to return to profitability this year through cost-cutting, new chips and other measures, the company's top executives said Tuesday.
Making the most of a sluggish world economy, IBM managed to increase its net income by 5 percent in 2012, even though revenue shrank by 2 percent.
Advanced Micro Devices' financial struggles continued in the fourth quarter, with revenue sinking 32 percent due to slow chip sales and charges tied to restructuring and inventory adjustments.
Bulking up on tools for managing hybrid clouds, Red Hat plans to fold the software it acquired last month in the ManageIQ purchase into its own CloudForms software.
The parent company of Alltel, a mobile telephone network serving rural customers in six states, has agreed to sell the business to AT&T for about US$780 million, Atlantic Tele-Network announced Tuesday.
Verizon Communications posted a net loss of US $1.9 billion during the fourth quarter of 2012, but the losses were due to a series of one-time expenses announced earlier.
Western Digital has acquired data protection company Arkeia Software as it looks to address growing storage demands among small and medium-size companies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SMS-based two-factor authentication may be headed out the door
- Intel is developing AR smart glasses for interactive collaboration
- Kimpton Hotels is investigating a possible payment card breach
- Verizon's Yahoo deal creates tracking powerhouse, privacy groups warn
- GE waves developers onto its huge IoT stage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW