Nokia swung to a net profit during the fourth quarter, as it sold a growing number of Windows Phone-based smartphones.
Apple TV was until now considered a "hobby," by Apple's own admission, but the product has taken on more importance for CEO Tim Cook.
Apple's revenue grew but profit was flat in its first fiscal quarter of 2013, during which sales of iPhones and iPads rose, but Mac and iPod shipments dropped.
Security software provider Symantec is reworking its sales strategy, reorganizing software lines, slimming middle management and increasing marketing and research efforts.
Virtualization software provider VMware has invested US$30 million in Puppet Labs, which makes a widely used, open-source operations management software package called Puppet.
Cisco Systems is planning to acquire Intucell in a bid to make its products more attractive to mobile operators as traffic volume on networks continues to grow.
SAP's revenue in the fourth quarter grew by 12 percent, helped by strong growth in the market for its cloud applications, its HANA in-memory database and mobile applications.
Yahoo has acquired content discovery and sharing website Snip.it, and the service has been shut down.
With a tough 2012 behind it, Advanced Micro Devices hopes to return to profitability this year through cost-cutting, new chips and other measures, the company's top executives said Tuesday.
Making the most of a sluggish world economy, IBM managed to increase its net income by 5 percent in 2012, even though revenue shrank by 2 percent.
Advanced Micro Devices' financial struggles continued in the fourth quarter, with revenue sinking 32 percent due to slow chip sales and charges tied to restructuring and inventory adjustments.
Bulking up on tools for managing hybrid clouds, Red Hat plans to fold the software it acquired last month in the ManageIQ purchase into its own CloudForms software.
The parent company of Alltel, a mobile telephone network serving rural customers in six states, has agreed to sell the business to AT&T for about US$780 million, Atlantic Tele-Network announced Tuesday.
Verizon Communications posted a net loss of US $1.9 billion during the fourth quarter of 2012, but the losses were due to a series of one-time expenses announced earlier.
Western Digital has acquired data protection company Arkeia Software as it looks to address growing storage demands among small and medium-size companies.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSiebel Developers x 8SA
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCSenior Tester - Defence ProjectVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA