SAP's revenue from software and software-related services showed ample growth thanks in part to its HANA in-memory database and to strength in its portfolio of cloud applications, the company said Tuesday as it reported preliminary numbers for the qu...
Cloud Sherpas is continuing its string of acquisitions of boutique consulting firms for cloud services, with the purchase of Innoveer Solutions and Navigis. Terms of the deals, which were announced Tuesday, were not disclosed.
Alibaba Group's Jack Ma will step down from his position as CEO of the Chinese e-commerce giant in May, to help usher in its next generation of leaders. But he will stay on as executive chairman to focus on company strategy.
iPhone, iPad chip supplier stands to lose out as Apple moves its chip business elsewhere
The unemployment rate among U.S. IT workers stood at 3.3 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012, significantly lower than the overall unemployment rate of 7.8 percent, according to tech job board Dice.
Banking on the trend toward Cloud computing, Hewlett-Packard has created a stand-alone organization to oversee the company's hosted computing services and software offerings.
NXP Semiconductors is planning to cut 700 to 900 jobs as part of a reorganization to reduce costs of support services, the company said on Monday.
Tata Consultancy Services had strong revenue and profit growth in the fourth quarter, indicating that the offshoring market is recovering.
Bullish analyst Munster has swiped $25 of his target for Apple, but still thinks a cheap iPhone is a good idea and could raise $6.5 in revenue.
Vendor earnings, market research reports and the International CES in Las Vegas this week highlighted the hardware arena, which appears to be a tale of two sectors with very different fates: PCs and mobile devices.
Revenue at Infosys grew in the fourth quarter, but profit fell as a result of a wage rise and investments in newer businesses.
Contrary to a report in the Financial Times on Wednesday, Europe's leading telecoms networks have no imminent plans for a pan-European network, nor was such an idea backed by the European Union's competition authority.
Nokia sold 4.4 million Lumia smartphones during the fourth quarter of last year, as the company's Devices & Services unit exceeded expectations, according to preliminary data.
NetSuite has acquired POS (point of sale) software vendor Retail Anywhere in a bid to flesh out its family of SuiteCommerce applications.
Zynga's Mark Pincus made the annual "Worst CEOs" list compiled by Dartmouth College professor Sydney Finkelstein, which also nearly included Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook and Andrew Mason of Groupon.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
- 5 Oppo F1s review: 2016 has another King of the Best Value phones
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- TravelBank uses machine learning to save businesses money on travel
- Indian banks replace millions of debit cards after possible breach
- Wipro is buying cloud consultant Appirio for $500M
- Free tool protects PCs from master boot record attacks
- Intel's $1.4B antitrust verdict should be reviewed, top EU judge says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW