Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman has moved to reassure customers that the future of its Autonomy product line is safe, a day after HP disclosed an alleged accounting scandal at the company it acquired last year.
The European Parliament on Tuesday called for new legislation to regulate credit card companies’ ability to refuse service following the cut off of donations to WikiLeaks.
Hewlett-Packard is planning to "aggressively" seek recompense for alleged accounting fraud related to the acquisition of its Autonomy unit, which resulted in the vendor taking a non-cash impairment charge of US$8.8 billion.
Hewlett-Packard is taking an $US8.8 billion charge as a result of what it called serious accounting improprieties that occurred at UK software company, Autonomy, before it acquired the firm in 2011.
Europe's top cyber security agency said on Tuesday that “a purely technical enforcement” of the proposed right to be forgotten is impossible.; However it suggested that search engine operators and sharing services within the European Union could be o...
Japan's Sharp, struggling with deep losses and searching for a financial savior, has cut short an early retirement program after being flooded with volunteers.
Three top executives promoted Monday at Intel are among the leading candidates under consideration to replace Paul Otellini as the company's CEO, according to sources familiar with the chip makers' plans.
Intel CEO Paul Otellini will retire as an officer and director of the company in May, ending a four-decade career with the company.
Cisco intends to acquire Meraki, a vendor of technology for cloud based management of wireless LAN, security appliances, and mobile devices for $US1.2 billion in cash and retention-based incentives.
The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit accusing eBay of entering into a "handshake" agreement to not recruit or hire employees of software maker Intuit.
Though U.S. political leaders managed to spark some good news for the economy Friday, technology stocks are down for the week, showing a continued lack of confidence in the sector.
The initial public offering of Ruckus Wireless, set for Friday, will highlight the growing importance of Wi-Fi in mobile networks as service providers try to meet the demands of smartphone and tablet users.
Dell on Thursday reported a sharp drop in revenue and profits for the third quarter as the weak PC market continued to weigh on its results.
Some 20 startups have inked commercial deals with SAP that will see them run production applications with the HANA in-memory database on Amazon Web Services, SAP announced Thursday during the Tech Ed and Sapphire conferences in Madrid.
Apple's warranty offerings could be pulled in the European Union after it emerged that the E.U. Justice Commissioner has asked member states to look into possible misselling.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cars will get superior digital vision with ARM's camera chip
- Microsoft finds another use for LinkedIn with CRM integration
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- AMD shows off Vega's ability to handle 8K graphics at NAB
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile and Business ProcessNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW