Sony on Thursday cut its global sales targets for key products including its PlayStation handheld consoles and TVs, but held to its goal of returning to profitability this year.
Wipro has decided to move its non-IT businesses out of the company to give it a higher focus on IT services, it said Thursday.
Japan's Softbank, which announced a US$20 billion deal to acquire U.S. mobile operator Sprint Nextel earlier this month, said it booked a record operating profit in its fiscal first half.
Japan's Panasonic said Wednesday it will end its brief return to the European smartphone market, pulling out less than a year after launching its first handset outside of Japan since 2005.
IBM, Epicor and other vendors could be eyeing a purchase of supply-chain software vendor JDA, analysts said Tuesday following a published report that the company was looking for suitors.
Sybase CEO John Chen is leaving SAP, roughly two-and-a-half years after SAP acquired the company for its database and mobility technologies, SAP announced Tuesday.
Taiwanese PC maker Asus saw major growth in its tablet shipments in the third quarter with the launch of Google's Nexus 7, and projects the shipments will reach at least 10 million units next year.
Internet payments company PayPal will cut 325 jobs as part of a companywide reorganisation, its president said.
China's largest search engine, Baidu, said on Tuesday its net profit for the third quarter increased by 59.8 percent year over year on continued growth from advertising customers and improvements made to draw revenue from its online ad services.
Riverbed Technology will acquire Opnet Technologies for about US$1 billion, the two companies said Monday.
Two of Apple's top executives are leaving the company: Scott Forstall, who has overseen the iOS platform that runs the iPhone and iPad, will leave Apple next year, and John Browett, senior vice president of retail, is leaving sooner, Apple said Monda...
A queue of several hundred people, snaking around the block, greeted Apple's new store in Palo Alto, California, on Saturday morning.
Tech stocks were flat Friday afternoon after earnings announcements from IT vendors this week and a government economic report offered glimpses of good news, but not enough to dispel the pall that hangs over the technology market.
German publisher Burda Digital has increased its stake in professional social network Xing to 38.89 percent, triggering a disclosure requirement and a mandatory offer to minority stakeholders. Burda is offering €44 per share, almost €7 more per share...
Europe's Justice Commissioner on Friday told ministers from European Union member states that she was prepared to offer some concessions to small businesses and the public sector in revising the data protection regulation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi gets into laptops with Mi Notebook Air
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT