Buoyed by strong subscription revenue, open-source software company Red Hat reported on Monday strong net income and revenue gains for the third quarter of its fiscal year 2012.
Zynga's initial public offering Friday, a raft of acquisition announcements this week from IBM, Salesforce and others, and some upbeat reports on the chip and hardware sector are putting a positive spin on year-end news for the tech sector.
Research In Motion said it won't start selling phones with its new software platform until the "later part" of 2012 and had to take a US$485 million inventory-related charge on its PlayBook tablet as part of another poor earnings report for the strug...
Clearwire's big payday on Tuesday, when it raised US$734 million through a stock offering and a new investment by majority owner Sprint Nextel, helped the WiMax carrier but didn't seal the deal on its planned LTE network.
Salesforce.com announced Thursday it will acquire cloud-based performance management vendor Rypple in a bid to enter the human resources software market.
Apple's extraordinary run over the last few years may begin to show signs of slowing next year--its first year without visionary leader Steve Jobs.
Virtustream's acquisition of Enomaly could help enterprises turn a drawback of private clouds--excess capacity--into a profit center.
IBM has signed a deal to buy supply and contract management software vendor Emptoris in another bid to fill out its growing catalog of business-to-business and business-to-consumer commerce technologies, the company announced Thursday. Terms of the d...
In a reorganization of its mobile business, Intel said Wednesday it has formed a new group, called the Mobile and Communications Group (MCG) that will focus on phones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
IBM is helping a Chinese state-owned firm to monitor food safety in the country, by building a new system meant to prevent tainted products from being sold to consumers.
Google has acquired Clever Sense, the developer of Alfred, a personalized restaurant and bars recommendations app, for an undisclosed price, the companies said Tuesday.
As another year draws to a close, we look back on the IT-related comments that stuck with us.
In 2011, the increasingly mobile and socially networked world of technology became more intertwined than ever with politics and the law. Patent wars shaped competition in tablets and smartphones, hacktivists attacked a widening array of political and...
The European Commission has asked Google for more information about its planned $12.5 billion deal to buy Android smartphone maker Motorola Mobility, and has suspended its approval process until it has all the documentation it needs, a spokeswoman fo...
China has approved Seagate Technology's proposed acquisition of Samsung Electronics' hard disk drive (HDD) business, but with conditions, including measures to minimize potential price increases after the deal, the country's Ministry of Commerce said...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTUX CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNERQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamic AXQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTMobile DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCNetapp Data OnTapNSW
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPJunior Project ManagerSA
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCSAP GRC ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Developer : Mainframe (Perth Based)SA
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW