Bharti Airtel's third-quarter profit was hit by high interest and amortization costs related to the mobile network operator's 3G rollout in India and its acquisition in Africa.
Alcatel-Lucent reported a drop in revenue during the third quarter, but the company still made a €194 million (US$268 million) profit. However, the future looks murky, the company said on Friday.
AMD plans to lay off 10 per cent of its global workforce and will terminate "existing contractual commitments" in a plan to cut costs, the company announced Thursday.
Apple became one of the world's most successful technology companies under Steve Jobs, and it remains to be seen whether new leader Tim Cook can sustain the company's market dominance and magic.
Cloud computing, security and the mobile space hold the most growth potential in the coming years, according to IT professionals surveyed by tech staffing firm Modis.
A judge in the U.S. on Wednesday allowed parts of C Spire Wireless and Sprint Nextel's lawsuits against AT&T's proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA.
After a couple of high-profile departures, HP has announced some executive appointments, including a new CIO.
Lenovo's profit for the third quarter nearly doubled year on year as the company continued its fast-paced growth, beating Dell to become the world's second-largest PC vendor.
Sony said Wednesday it booked a deep loss during its fiscal second quarter ended Sept. 30, and now expects to be in the red for the entire year, weighed down by poor sales of its TVs and the strong yen.
PayPal has opened a global operations center in Malaysia, its second in the region.
Yahoo said on Tuesday that it has arrived at a definitive agreement to acquire Interclick, a provider of targeted advertising services, for about US$270 million.
Adobe Systems has acquired privately owned Auditude in order to boost its video offerings with an advertising platform, the company said on Tuesday.
Phil McKinney, vice president and chief technology officer of Hewlett-Packard's Personal Systems Group, will retire from the company at the end of this year, he wrote in a <a href="http://philmckinney.com/archives/2011/10/goodbye-hp-2.html">blog post...
Motorola Mobility will lay off 800 people, the latest in a string of worker reductions at the handset maker, as it prepares to become part of Google.
After reporting sales of 13.2 million smartphones during the third quarter, HTC is now the fourth largest smartphone vendor after having outpaced Research In Motion, according to market research company Canalys.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW