IBM has elected Virginia Rometty as president and chief executive officer effective Jan. 1, replacing Sam Palmisano, who will retain the chairman's role.
Groupon's China venture posted a net loss of US$46.4 million for the past nine months, generating only $2.1 million in revenue as it fights to gain dominance in the country's highly competitive group buying market.
Steve Jobs was a brilliant-but-belligerent eccentric who transformed seven different industries, his biographer said in an interview that aired Sunday night on 60 Minutes.
Did you know that Apple co-founder Steve Jobs hated Android, Google's mobile operating system? I mean, really, really hated Android. How about the fact that the Apple II's design was inspired by a kitchen appliance and that Jobs never truly respected...
Against a backdrop of economic uncertainty, a raft of third-quarter earnings reports this week from some of the biggest players in IT showed that while tech sales remain strong overall, there are some weak spots that are stirring concerns among marke...
Salesforce.com is rolling out a set of consulting and integration services aimed at SAP customers that want to build "social enterprises" with Salesforce.com's Force.com platform.
Verizon Communications reported gains in both revenue and net income for the third quarter of 2011, driven largely by growth in the company's mobile business.
Acer reported loss for the second quarter in a row, as the Taiwanese company struggles with sagging PC sales and the rise of tablets.
Hewlett-Packard's chief strategy and technology officer, Shane Robison, is retiring and will not be replaced, the company said Thursday.
Microsoft kicked off its first quarter of fiscal 2012 with solid growth, reporting a seven percent increase in revenue, compared to a year ago, and a six percent increase in net income.
Cisco Systems plans to acquire BNI Video, a privately held provider of video delivery software for service providers, for about US$99 million.
AT&T's revenue was down slightly in the third quarter of 2011, compared to a year earlier, but net income rose by about US$400 million, on a comparable basis, driven by strong growth in its mobile and broadband divisions.
Nokia reported a net loss and a fall in revenue for the third quarter, despite selling more phones than analysts had expected.
India's Bharti Enterprises has set up a joint venture with Japan's Softbank to focus on social media, gaming, and e-commerce for India's booming mobile market, it said Thursday.
China Mobile, the country's largest mobile operator, saw net profit in its third quarter increase by about 3.7 percent from the same period year ago, according to data published by the company Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW