Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications barely broke even during the third quarter, and reported a small year-on-year drop in revenue as an increase in the average selling price of its phones was offset by a 9 percent fall in volume.
Microsoft said Friday that it has closed its US$8.5 billion acquisition of Skype, the Internet telephony provider in Luxembourg, and the company will function as a new business division within Microsoft.
Google grew its sales and profits in the third quarter, exceeding Wall Street's expectations along the way, as the search company's advertising business continued on a strong growth path.
Citrix Systems has acquired ShareFile for an undisclosed sum, in an effort to break into the cloud-based data sharing market, the company said on Thursday.
Dell CEO Michael Dell on Wednesday said the company remains committed to its PC and mobile device businesses, saying it will provide savings that could help grow the enterprise business.
Robert W. Galvin, the son of the founder of Motorola and CEO of the company for 29 years, has died. He was 89.
The days of European online shoppers getting the message "this product is not available in your country" could be numbered.
Scott McNealy, the former chairman and CEO of Sun Microsystems, would have accepted the job of running Hewlett-Packard if he had been asked, he said this week.
Shares of Sprint Nextel and Clearwire plummeted on Friday after Sprint laid out plans to build its own LTE network, leaving the ailing Clearwire alone to fund and build LTE itself.
Steve Jobs' death raised question about directions in technology this week while worries about the economy continue to put downward pressure on tech stocks, but for much of the industry it's been business as usual, especially for mergers and acquisit...
Research In Motion confirmed on Friday that it has agreed to acquire NewBay Software, a provider of software to help mobile operators and device makers deliver content and services.
was a polarising force that reshaped the tech industry several times
The Internet and social networks like Facebook and Twitter immediately lit up Wednesday night with the news of the death of Apple Chairman Steve Jobs.
There is unlikely to be another visionary like Apple Chairman Steve Jobs, who died Wednesday at age 56, no one who will have anything approaching his impact on the computer and electronics industries.
We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's first tethered Windows 10 VR headsets to ship in March
- Terrorists are winning the digital arms race, experts say
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCSAP UX ArchitectACT
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA