BMC has purchased Coradiant, maker of software for improving end-user experience and tracking Web application performance, the company said Thursday. Terms were not disclosed.
Acer, the world's second largest PC maker, saw its revenue slump in the first quarter following a management shakeup and what it described as a seasonal lull in demand. The Taiwanese manufacturer is now counting on tablets to boost overall sales.
SAP saw revenue rise by 21 percent in the quarter ended March 31, with double-digit growth in all regions driven by increased software business from partners and the channel.
China's largest search engine, Baidu, reported strong revenue and profit growth in the first quarter, driven by "solid traffic growth" and measures to generate more revenue from the company's sites.
Sony plans to resume production of Blu-ray and other optical discs at a tsunami-hit factory in northern Japan in late May, it said Thursday.
Research in Motion moved to boost its mobile devices' calendar capabilities by buying Tungle, an enterprise scheduling application developer, for an undisclosed sum.
The Attachmate Group announced Wednesday that it has completed its $2.2 billion acquisition of Novell, a networking pioneer in the 1980s that’s now being described as “a leader in intelligent workload management” by its new owner.
Cisco this week instituted a voluntary early retirement program, its first in two years, in an effort to reduce costs.
Delicious, the social bookmarking service and Web 2.0 pioneer, will live on as part of a new Internet company run by YouTube founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should deny AT&T's plan to buy US$1.9 billion worth of wireless spectrum from Qualcomm because of the telecom carrier's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA, several consumer groups said Wednesday.
CenturyLink has agreed to buy hosting company Savvis for about US$2.5 billion in cash and shares, the companies announced Wednesday.
Nokia will outsource its Symbian software activities to Accenture, transferring 3,000 employees to the company in the process, as it moves its focus to making phones running on Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system.
Wipro, India's third largest outsourcer, said on Wednesday that its IT services business had grown by 20 percent to US$1.4 billion for the quarter ended March 31, reflecting strong demand from outside the country for offshore services.
One of CIOs' biggest concerns about the infrastructure-as-a-service model has been the loss of control over assets and management that enterprises might experience upon moving into a multi-tenant environment. While analysts and early adopters of infr...
Alcatel-Lucent is reportedly shopping around its enterprise switching, IP telephony and contact center businesses in an effort to boost its financial performance by focusing on core telecom markets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW