BMC has purchased Coradiant, maker of software for improving end-user experience and tracking Web application performance, the company said Thursday. Terms were not disclosed.
Acer, the world's second largest PC maker, saw its revenue slump in the first quarter following a management shakeup and what it described as a seasonal lull in demand. The Taiwanese manufacturer is now counting on tablets to boost overall sales.
SAP saw revenue rise by 21 percent in the quarter ended March 31, with double-digit growth in all regions driven by increased software business from partners and the channel.
China's largest search engine, Baidu, reported strong revenue and profit growth in the first quarter, driven by "solid traffic growth" and measures to generate more revenue from the company's sites.
Sony plans to resume production of Blu-ray and other optical discs at a tsunami-hit factory in northern Japan in late May, it said Thursday.
Research in Motion moved to boost its mobile devices' calendar capabilities by buying Tungle, an enterprise scheduling application developer, for an undisclosed sum.
The Attachmate Group announced Wednesday that it has completed its $2.2 billion acquisition of Novell, a networking pioneer in the 1980s that’s now being described as “a leader in intelligent workload management” by its new owner.
Cisco this week instituted a voluntary early retirement program, its first in two years, in an effort to reduce costs.
Delicious, the social bookmarking service and Web 2.0 pioneer, will live on as part of a new Internet company run by YouTube founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should deny AT&T's plan to buy US$1.9 billion worth of wireless spectrum from Qualcomm because of the telecom carrier's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA, several consumer groups said Wednesday.
CenturyLink has agreed to buy hosting company Savvis for about US$2.5 billion in cash and shares, the companies announced Wednesday.
Nokia will outsource its Symbian software activities to Accenture, transferring 3,000 employees to the company in the process, as it moves its focus to making phones running on Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system.
Wipro, India's third largest outsourcer, said on Wednesday that its IT services business had grown by 20 percent to US$1.4 billion for the quarter ended March 31, reflecting strong demand from outside the country for offshore services.
One of CIOs' biggest concerns about the infrastructure-as-a-service model has been the loss of control over assets and management that enterprises might experience upon moving into a multi-tenant environment. While analysts and early adopters of infr...
Alcatel-Lucent is reportedly shopping around its enterprise switching, IP telephony and contact center businesses in an effort to boost its financial performance by focusing on core telecom markets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst | GovernmentQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Data Warehouse/Application Integration) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Telco (Sydney CBD)NSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearningSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Identity Access ManagementACT
- FTData ScientistSA
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia