SAP is set to challenge Oracle, IBM and Microsoft in the small but growing market for CEP (complex event processing) software with a product called Event Insight, which it planned to announce Wednesday at an event in New York.
Chinese network equipment maker Huawei has won a preliminary injunction from a U.S. court, preventing Motorola Solutions from carrying out the transfer of trade secrets to Nokia Siemens Networks.
Hewlett-Packard on Tuesday reported strong profits for its first fiscal quarter of 2011 but the results were dampened by weakness in its PC and services divisions.
Alibaba.com's CEO resigned Monday, hoping to restore the company's image after the Chinese e-commerce giant revealed how its suppliers had defrauded its customers -- but analysts say his abrupt departure only raises further questions about what is re...
Cisco achieved a milestone in its most recent fiscal quarter, one with profound implications for the future of the company: Cisco made more money from its new products and services than it did from routers and switches.
The head of Alibaba.com, a top e-commerce operator in China, has resigned following an internal investigation that found an increase in fraudulent transactions at the company.
Over a dozen companies banded together with an online job service in Taipei over the weekend to seek people for the island's computer and online game industries. Some of the jobs even pay gamers to play full-time.
We know that Apple’s mobile application subscription scheme is unpopular with publishers, but now analyst firm Forrester’s CEO is panning it too.
Chinese network equipment supplier Huawei has reversed its stance and has accepted a U.S. panel's recommendation to voluntarily divest from a business acquisition that had drawn national security concerns.
Intel will hire 4,000 workers in the U.S. this year, primarily in product development and research and development, the company said on Friday.
Google's decision this week to ask the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office to re-examine a number of the Oracle patents at issue in the companies' ongoing intellectual-property case could have a significant effect on how the dispute plays out.
Tech vendor results this week reinforced the perception that business spending would fuel IT sales this year, and helped indexes head for a third straight week of gains.
Novell's shareholders have approved the sale of the company to Attachmate for about US$2.2 billion, although the deal depends on Novell getting approval to sell hundreds of patents to a consortium led by Microsoft.
Looking back on the last twelve months, most outsourcing analysts agree that the level of IT services deals sealed has held relatively steady, year-over-year. The total value of outsourcing contracts signed in 2010 was $62.4 billion, according to out...
Clearwire gained 1.5 million subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2010 and more than doubled its revenue, but lost US$128 million, the mobile WiMax operator announced on Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AWS wants to dominate beyond the public cloud with Lambda updates
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceACT
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- FTIdentity and Access Management SMEACT
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD