Lackluster demand for its flagship Galaxy S6 smartphone and higher marketing costs led Samsung Electronics to another quarter of falling sales and profits in the April to June period.
Facebook has posted strong sales results for the second quarter, showing continued success in its advertising business, though its costs also rose sharply.
Enterprise customers can expect to hear more from e-commerce giant Alibaba Group. The Chinese company is accelerating the global expansion of its cloud computing business, with a US$1 billion investment.
Japanese gaming icon Nintendo posted a profit for the April-June quarter on Wednesday thanks in part to surging sales of a game in which players can squirt ink all over the place and transform into squids.
Twitter reported a higher than expected increase in revenue on Tuesday, suggesting progress in the company's efforts to grow its ad sales.
An appeals court has ruled that shareholders cannot sue Facebook or Mark Zuckerberg in a case that accused the company of withholding key financial information from the public until after its IPO.
Cloud services continue to grow by leaps and bounds for Amazon.com.
After ten years of making networked set-top boxes, Cisco Systems plans to quit the business, selling its Connected Devices division to French firm Technicolor, the companies said Thursday.
Qualcomm will cut costs by about $1.4 billion per year and study the possible sale of assets as part of a company realignment.
AT&T's acquisition of DirecTV appears headed for approval, with Tom Wheeler, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission circulating to commissioners an order recommending approval, although with some conditions.
Yahoo has reported an uncharacteristic rise in revenue for the second quarter, but it came with a hefty sum spent on boosting its search traffic.
Apple reported an unusual misstep in the April-to-June quarter, selling fewer iPhones than analysts had been expecting, but it wasn't all bad news from Cupertino.
Microsoft has reported its first quarterly loss in three years, largely as a result of a $7.5 billion write-down for its acquisition last year of Nokia's devices and services business.
Mainframes mainstay of IBM results... Tech lobbying booms... Uber takes to courts... and more tech news
IBM has reported another quarter of declining revenue and profit, though sales of its new mainframe gave it a lift.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- CCProject Manger - Minor Works ProjectVIC
- FTSenior CISCO Network EngineerQLD
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantWA
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - TelcoTAS
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Java/Oracle) 161102/SSA/624Asia
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia