Google won't do anything to thwart Facebook's recently launched Home software for Android devices if it becomes explosively popular, according to Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt.
A host of celebrity tech executives, including the founders of Twitter, Pinterest, Evernote and Android, converged in Tokyo this week, invited as part of an ambitious effort to modernize Japan's economy through entrepreneurship.
Verizon Wireless reportedly has offered US$1 billion to $1.5 billion for some of Clearwire's spectrum leases, possibly complicating Sprint Nextel's attempt to buy out the company in conjunction with its acquisition by Softbank.
Dish Network has made a US$25.5 billion bid to acquire wireless operator Sprint Nextel, hoping to edge out a rival bid from Japanese operator SoftBank.
Arris Group has received clearance from the U.S. Department of Justice for its proposed acquisition of the Motorola Home business.
MetroPCS has pushed back a hotly anticipated shareholder meeting that will decide the fate of the carrier's proposed merger with T-Mobile USA.
Indian outsourcer Infosys saw its profit drop even as revenue grew in the first quarter, as margins were hit by staff salary increases, and investments and acquisitions by the company in new technology areas and markets.
Intel is hoping to get more Chinese developers to back its products by forming a new joint innovation lab with the nation's largest search engine Baidu.
LinkedIn, the world's largest professional networking site, continues to beef up its content publishing platform with its agreement to acquire Pulse, which makes a mobile news aggregation, reader and content distribution application.
Just as tech stocks were starting to rise this week, dismal PC sales reports for the first quarter burst the very short-lived bubble, causing shares of IT companies to fall back to earth Thursday.
A sweeter offer for the merger of T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS reportedly has been approved by T-Mobile parent company Deutsche Telekom.
Bitcoin may just be a "virtual" currency, but there's no denying its rising value. The currency, which last month was trading on the order of roughly $30, is now valued at over US$230.
If that headline sounds familiar, it's because I wrote a similar one back in January about Speek for iOS. It's an app that brings conference-call creation and management to your smartphone.
Tata Consultancy Services is to acquire French IT services company Alti in a bid to increase its presence in the European market.
Microsoft has sold its Mediaroom IPTV platform to Ericsson in order to solely focus on the Xbox. For Ericsson, the deal will make it the largest provider of "IPTV and multi-screen solutions," it said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW