Creating an effective IT cover letter can mean the difference between getting the job or your resume getting trashed. These tips from IT career coaches and insiders will make your cover letter stand out.
Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC reported a major decline in its first quarter profit, after the company was forced to push back the launch of its newest flagship phone to April.
A court in California declined to certify as class action a lawsuit by workers alleging an illegal cartel formed by seven technology companies including Apple, Google and Intel.
Though the tech IPO market has gone from a boil to a simmer, some companies in areas such as big data and cloud-related technology are plunging in.
Mozilla plans to introduce a common API (application programming interface) to make online payments easy and secure on ((web)) Firefox OS devices.
Samsung Electronics expects a first-quarter operating profit of between 8.5 trillion won and 8.9 trillion won ($US7.6 billion to $US8 billion), a sharp increase of at least 49 per cent from a year earlier.
It's been a turbulent decade at Hewlett-Packard, with board members and CEOs resigning or being ousted for all manner of colorful reasons, including strategic missteps, accusations of spying on journalists and alleged sexual harassment.
Hewlett-Packard's Ray Lane is giving up his role as chairman amid ongoing shareholder disapproval of HP's troubled Autonomy acquisition.
Verizon Communications is now accepting submissions for a contest in which the company will award US$10 million in prize money to individuals and organizations worldwide that come up with innovative ideas in education, health care and sustainability.
Cisco is planning to buy femtocell maker Ubiquisys for US$310 million in cash and retention-based incentives, the company announced on Wednesday.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has cleared the use of social media such as Facebook and Twitter to announce corporate information.
Reliance Industries and Reliance Communications are sharing infrastructure for the rollout of 4G services in India, apparently ending a dispute between the two Ambani brothers who head the companies.
The former general manager of Microsoft's Windows Phone developer platform started a new job at Amazon on Monday, leading a team that's working in a new area for the company.
Jerald Fishman, a well-respected semiconductor industry executive and CEO of Analog Devices, died last week of a heart attack at age 67.
In a filing to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday, Dell highlighted the dismal financial straits that led to its plan to take the company private, a move that now has some major shareholders in an uproar.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst -permanent opportunityVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTInformation Management and Data Services ManagerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Java and AWSVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC