With U.S. markets rallying and the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting record highs, analysts and industry insiders are expressing a sense of sober confidence, if not exuberance, about the tech sector's prospects for the year.
It may not be "feasible" to complete a gigantic SAP software project meant to unify California's many public employee payroll systems, according to a report issued this week by the state's Legislative Analyst's office.
SAP is expanding its array of software products for the insurance industry with the acquisition of Camilion. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
General Motors is hiring 1,000 IT staff for a center in a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona as part of its strategy to move more high-value IT work in-house.
Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group said it was still negotiating a deal for greater cooperation with Sharp, despite the Japanese display maker securing a US$110 million investment to supply LCD panels to rival Samsung Electronics.
T-Mobile USA is drawing closer to finishing its merger with MetroPCS Wireless as a deadline for action by the U.S. Department of Justice passed on Tuesday.
From shopping carts to marketing tools to image-editing software, here's a look at 35 open source tools and hosted services that can help you get started with your own Web store.
Europe's antitrust chief on Wednesday announced a substantial €561 million fine on Microsoft, but it could have been even higher he said.
Europe's antitrust chief on Wednesday announced a €561 million (US$731 million) fine on Microsoft for its failure to include a browser choice page in its upgrade to Windows 7 in 2011.
Japan's Sharp has secured a US$110 million lifeline investment from Samsung Electronics, and agreed to become a major supplier of screens for the South Korean company's growing electronics empire.
The U.S. Congress needs to fix skilled immigration programs by encouraging talented immigrants to permanently move to the country, a group of witnesses told a congressional subcommittee.
Software vendors, academic institutions and government agencies united on Tuesday to tackle European youth unemployment and the IT skills shortage with a new online education platform.
Microsoft has acquired MetricsHub, a startup focused on technology for automating cloud performance management.
"From the initial research work to its decommissioning, an aircraft's entire service life can amount to up to 90 years," said Tom Enders, CEO of aerospace manufacturer EADS and the invited speaker at the Monday night opening ceremony of this year's C...
Sixty-seven percent of employees work from home, according to the VMware New Way of Life 2013 study that shows the use of personal technology is eliminating the boundary between separate work lives and personal lives.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Holo 360 is a 360-degree camera in a smartphone
- Cloudflare wants to secure IoT connections to the internet
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTLevel 2 HelpdeskVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW