With U.S. markets rallying and the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting record highs, analysts and industry insiders are expressing a sense of sober confidence, if not exuberance, about the tech sector's prospects for the year.
It may not be "feasible" to complete a gigantic SAP software project meant to unify California's many public employee payroll systems, according to a report issued this week by the state's Legislative Analyst's office.
SAP is expanding its array of software products for the insurance industry with the acquisition of Camilion. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
General Motors is hiring 1,000 IT staff for a center in a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona as part of its strategy to move more high-value IT work in-house.
Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group said it was still negotiating a deal for greater cooperation with Sharp, despite the Japanese display maker securing a US$110 million investment to supply LCD panels to rival Samsung Electronics.
T-Mobile USA is drawing closer to finishing its merger with MetroPCS Wireless as a deadline for action by the U.S. Department of Justice passed on Tuesday.
From shopping carts to marketing tools to image-editing software, here's a look at 35 open source tools and hosted services that can help you get started with your own Web store.
Europe's antitrust chief on Wednesday announced a substantial €561 million fine on Microsoft, but it could have been even higher he said.
Europe's antitrust chief on Wednesday announced a €561 million (US$731 million) fine on Microsoft for its failure to include a browser choice page in its upgrade to Windows 7 in 2011.
Japan's Sharp has secured a US$110 million lifeline investment from Samsung Electronics, and agreed to become a major supplier of screens for the South Korean company's growing electronics empire.
The U.S. Congress needs to fix skilled immigration programs by encouraging talented immigrants to permanently move to the country, a group of witnesses told a congressional subcommittee.
Software vendors, academic institutions and government agencies united on Tuesday to tackle European youth unemployment and the IT skills shortage with a new online education platform.
Microsoft has acquired MetricsHub, a startup focused on technology for automating cloud performance management.
"From the initial research work to its decommissioning, an aircraft's entire service life can amount to up to 90 years," said Tom Enders, CEO of aerospace manufacturer EADS and the invited speaker at the Monday night opening ceremony of this year's C...
Sixty-seven percent of employees work from home, according to the VMware New Way of Life 2013 study that shows the use of personal technology is eliminating the boundary between separate work lives and personal lives.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- Google and Slack deepen partnership in the face of Microsoft Teams
- Fitbit scoops up rival fitness tracker maker Pebble
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCField Engineer - Hardware DecommissionNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- FTAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC