Web.com said Wednesday that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held domain name registrar Network Solutions, to capitalize on a shift by small and medium businesses from traditional marketing channels to online marketing.
Facebook has acquired Push Pop Press, a start-up that has developed software for creating highly interactive digital books, for an undisclosed amount.
A proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA by AT&T could provide significant benefits to U.S. consumers, according to a senior Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Google and LivingSocial are expanding in the booming shopping discounts market with new acquisitions announced Monday.
Name: Joel K. Wood
CA Technologies is purchasing WatchMouse, a maker of SaaS-based tools for monitoring mobile and on-demand applications, the company announced Friday. Terms were not disclosed.
Oracle is buying knowledge management vendor InQuira in order to improve the capabilities of its Fusion and Siebel CRM (customer relationship management) applications, Oracle announced Thursday.
The U.S. Department of Justice has asked Google for more information on its proposed acquisition of display advertising optimization firm, Admeld, Google said on Wednesday.
Cognizant Technology Solutions, a U.S. outsourcer with large Indian operations, said Tuesday it had entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the Indian services operations of CoreLogic, an information services and analytics company, in a bid to...
Qualcomm on Monday said wants to make smartphones and tablets more interactive through the acquisition gesture-recognition assets from GestureTek, which holds patents related to motion-based human-computer interaction.
Google has acquired Pittsburgh Pattern Recognition, known as PittPatt, a company that develops technology for recognizing faces in images and video, according to PittPatt's website.
Research In Motion has acquired JayCut, a Web-based video-editing software company, to bolster the multimedia capabilities of its PlayBook tablet.
Oracle has purchased Ksplice, maker of technology that allows Linux administrators to apply important security updates without having to reboot the system, Oracle announced Thursday. Terms were not disclosed.
Acer said Thursday it plans to acquire iGware, a cloud technology company in the U.S., for US$320 million, as part of a plan to allow users to more easily share content across the PC maker's products.
A senior U.S. senator has urged two federal agencies to reject AT&T's proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google and Slack deepen partnership in the face of Microsoft Teams
- Fitbit scoops up rival fitness tracker maker Pebble
- Latest Android security update fixes Dirty COW, GPS vulnerabilities
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- SoftBank gives more detail about $50B US investment
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW