Logitech's LifeSize division is embracing the cloud in a bid to extend videoconferencing's reach, announcing new services and the acquisition of a small mobile video company called Mirial.
Intel's acquisition of Ethernet chip vendor Fulcrum Microsystems is just the latest step in integrating the components within data centers to help them work smoothly as a single virtual system.
Name: Charles F. Wagner, executive vice president, Finance & Administration, and CFO
Adobe Systems said on Monday that it has acquired EchoSign, a web-based provider of electronic signatures and signature automation, for an undisclosed amount.
Mobile devices and applications are streaming into enterprises, changing the way IT departments buy technology and relate to other employees, three vendor executives said this week at the MobileBeat conference in San Francisco.
Content management vendor OpenText is moving further into BPM (business process management) software, scooping up Global 360 for US$260 million, the company announced Wednesday.
A U.S. nonprofit consortium is hoping the prospect of a US$20,000 cash prize will help spur the creation of open-source software tools companies can use to work with the XBRL (Extensible Business Reporting Language) standard for financial reporting.
Genpact, a large Indian outsourcer, has acquired the human resources services subsidiary of Nissan Motor for an undisclosed amount, and has bagged a seven-year contract to offer HR services to employees of the Japanese automotive company.
Dish Network will acquire satellite mobile operator TerreStar Networks for US$1.375 billion under an agreement approved Thursday by a bankruptcy court.
The business world is littered with examples of companies that failed to identify and enter new markets (think Blockbuster). And then there are those that do well in their core market, but because that area grows less relevant over time the companies...
Name: Venkat Prabhala
Systems integrator Dimension Data plans to enhance its cloud computing offerings by acquiring OpSource, a Santa Clara, California, provider of hosted cloud services.
CA said on Wednesday it plans to acquire Interactive TKO, which offers a simulation platform designed to reduce the time it takes to develop and test complex applications, for US$330 million in cash.
A majority of Lawson Software shareholders approved the company's sale to Infor and Golden Gate Capital during a meeting Wednesday, paving the way for the creation of the industry's third-largest ERP (enterprise resource planning) software vendors af...
Oracle is building out its array of hardware products with the acquisition of storage vendor Pillar Data Systems, the company announced Wednesday. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close in July, were not disclosed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW