Germany's new coalition government listed open source software among its IT policy priorities, and said it will take steps to protect its citizens against espionage threats from the NSA and other foreign intelligence agencies.
business software alliance
U.S. residents who buy products protected by copyright shouldn't have to worry about where those products were manufactured before reselling them, a lawyer told the U.S. Supreme Court Monday.
The U.S. Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), which would allow U.S. authorities to seize the domain names of copyright-infringing websites, has taken another blow as a leading proponent has withdrawn its support.
China is introducing programs to ensure the country's local governments, from provincial down to county and municipal levels, are all using legal software, a top Chinese official said during a meeting with visiting U.S. officials.
The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee will conduct a hearing on the controversial copyright enforcement bill, the Stop Online Piracy Act, on Wednesday, the committee has announced.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC