Germany's new coalition government listed open source software among its IT policy priorities, and said it will take steps to protect its citizens against espionage threats from the NSA and other foreign intelligence agencies.
U.S. residents who buy products protected by copyright shouldn't have to worry about where those products were manufactured before reselling them, a lawyer told the U.S. Supreme Court Monday.
The U.S. Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), which would allow U.S. authorities to seize the domain names of copyright-infringing websites, has taken another blow as a leading proponent has withdrawn its support.
China is introducing programs to ensure the country's local governments, from provincial down to county and municipal levels, are all using legal software, a top Chinese official said during a meeting with visiting U.S. officials.
The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee will conduct a hearing on the controversial copyright enforcement bill, the Stop Online Piracy Act, on Wednesday, the committee has announced.
The U.S. continues to be the country with the best environment for IT companies, but Malaysia and India made significant advances in the Business Software Alliance's new IT Industry Competitiveness Index, released Tuesday.
The U.S. Senate has voted to approve a major overhaul of the nation's patent system, with the legislation allowing a new kind of challenge to patents granted by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
A proposal for new cybersecurity legislation by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration could give the government unprecedented access to private data, critics said Wednesday.
The U.S. government should look to incentives as a way to encourage businesses to adopt better cybersecurity practices, instead of creating mandates, recommends a new paper from four trade groups and a civil liberties group.
Reducing software piracy by 10 percent in Singapore would create close to 2,000 new high-tech jobs, US$520 million in new economic activity, and US$128 million in new taxes by 2013, according to a study by the Business Software Alliance (BSA) and IDC...
More than four out of ten software applications in use around the world are unlicensed or pirated, an IDC study has calculated.
The software industry's police self-styled police force, the Business Software Alliance (BSA), has said that it recently paid a £10,000 ($15,300) bounty to an employee who informed on his former company's use of unlicensed software.
Expanding PC sales in emerging market is increasing the rate of software piracy, according to a recent study by industry watchers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- AI just co-wrote its first horror movie, and you can help make it real
- Microsoft just launched an iPhone camera app
- Dropbox levels up its features for administrators
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW