IT leaders must prepare for 'wear-your-own-device' as wearables-driven consumerisation starts to take hold.
Optus has partnered with Google to integrate a direct carrier billing model within the Google Play store.
We just got our hands on Samsung's Galaxy S5 smartphone. Here's what's in the box.
If you were just getting comfortable with BYOD, brace yourself for new twists and turns. CIOs can expect more devices to enter the enterprise in consumer clothing, real security threats to emerge, new MDM options and much more in 2014.
Everyone seems to be jumping on the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) bandwagon, but it's a bumpy ride. There are many ways to fall off and get a bloody nose (or worse). As the BYOD reality catches up to the hype, here are 12 very real disaster scenarios.
Managing devices in a BYOD environment is no small feat, and the right mobile device management product is a key component in making it work. Here are 10 top MDM vendors in the market today.
Technology has changed everything we know about the office. Now it is threatening to get rid of the office as we know it.
The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) movement affects everyone at a company, from CEO on down to the hourly worker. Here are 10 of the most common worker types taking shape in the new BYOD workplace.
While it's important to remember that the use of Google Android software in the enterprise is still a comparatively young phenomenon, there are a few general guidelines that businesses looking to use the platform would do well to remember.
Yahoo recently made waves when CEO Marissa Mayer revoked all work-from-home arrangements and mandated that employees show up at the office. However, the real-world data Mayer reportedly based her decision upon is not a valid metric for work-from-home...
Imagine an organisation where employees are given several consecutive months of vacation every year. It sounds like a dream, but in the era of BYOD, it could also be an IT exec's worst nightmare.
Microsoft and Apple recommend that businesses deny certain iPhones, iPads and iPods access to Calendar items until the companies can clear up a problem that slows Exchange servers to a crawl when the devices try to synch.
In a bid to give IT departments better control over devices that employees bring to work, ForeScout Technologies has added MobileIron to the list of mobile management vendors its network access control platform can be integrated with.
Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 will mark "the end" of the computer industry's dominant OS due to increasing competition and choice sparked by alternatives, according to Salesforce.com CEO, Marc Benioff.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW