A second federal bill that proposes "kill-switch" technology be made mandatory in smartphones as a means to reduce theft of the devices was introduced Monday.
Executives with three U.S. mobile carriers have voiced support for an effort in the U.S. Congress to encourage mobile carriers to offer services to customers that would render smartphones and tablets inoperable if they're stolen.
The U.S. Department of Justice will file a motion to stay or dismiss its lawsuit to block AT&T's acquisition of T-Mobile USA because the agency believes there's no deal pending, a lawyer for the DOJ said Friday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's vote Thursday to shift long-time telephone subsidies to broadband deployment generated praise in the telecom industry, but other groups questioned the move.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Severe vulnerability in Cisco's WebEx extension for Chrome leaves PCs open to easy attack
- D-Wave's $15 million quantum computer runs a staggering 2,000 qubits
- Microsoft tries to expel Chromebooks from schools with Intune app and low-cost PCs
- If we show you how to back up your PC for free, will you finally do it?
- How to create Live Tiles for your Steam games in Windows
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- TPSenior IT ManagerVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW