One of the first companies that announced an ARM server chip, Calxeda, has folded operations and is now pursuing ways to repurpose or sell its intellectual property.
Low-power servers running on Calxeda's 64-bit ARM chip will be available a year from now, Calxeda said.
Dell will give its first public demonstration of a 64-bit ARM server this week, the latest step in an industrywide effort to build servers based on low-power chips like those used in smartphones.
Hewlett-Packard is developing servers based on a low-power microprocessor design from ARM Holdings, and claims it can slash power and space requirements by as much as 90 percent for companies running certain Web-based applications, HP announced Tuesd...
Calxeda on Friday revealed initial details about its first ARM-based server chip, designed to let companies build low-power servers with up to 480 cores.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA