One of the first companies that announced an ARM server chip, Calxeda, has folded operations and is now pursuing ways to repurpose or sell its intellectual property.
Low-power servers running on Calxeda's 64-bit ARM chip will be available a year from now, Calxeda said.
Dell will give its first public demonstration of a 64-bit ARM server this week, the latest step in an industrywide effort to build servers based on low-power chips like those used in smartphones.
Hewlett-Packard is developing servers based on a low-power microprocessor design from ARM Holdings, and claims it can slash power and space requirements by as much as 90 percent for companies running certain Web-based applications, HP announced Tuesd...
Calxeda on Friday revealed initial details about its first ARM-based server chip, designed to let companies build low-power servers with up to 480 cores.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW