One of the first companies that announced an ARM server chip, Calxeda, has folded operations and is now pursuing ways to repurpose or sell its intellectual property.
Low-power servers running on Calxeda's 64-bit ARM chip will be available a year from now, Calxeda said.
Dell will give its first public demonstration of a 64-bit ARM server this week, the latest step in an industrywide effort to build servers based on low-power chips like those used in smartphones.
Hewlett-Packard is developing servers based on a low-power microprocessor design from ARM Holdings, and claims it can slash power and space requirements by as much as 90 percent for companies running certain Web-based applications, HP announced Tuesd...
Calxeda on Friday revealed initial details about its first ARM-based server chip, designed to let companies build low-power servers with up to 480 cores.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia