Apple and Google should reconsider their plans to enable encryption by default on their smartphones, and the U.S. Congress should pass a law requiring that all communication tools allow police access to user data, U.S. FBI Director James Comey said.
U.S. privacy codes of conduct drafted by businesses, consumers and privacy advocates working together will work better than government regulation or legislation, a top official with the U.S. Department of Commerce said Thursday.
The U.S. Congress needs to rewrite a law governing law enforcement access to mobile-phone data, e-mail messages and other electronic communications to reflect changes in technology, including a growing reliance on cloud computing, several senators sa...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCCRM Change Lead, OrganisationalNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW