Canonical made quite a splash last fall when it announced that the Unity interface used in its Ubuntu Netbook Edition would become the default interface in the Linux distribution's desktop version as well beginning with version 11.04, or Natty Narwha...
Canon has announced four new multifunction inkjet printers for small businesses — the PIXMA MX360, PIXMA MX410, PIXMA MX420 and PIXMA MX885 — and a new A3 printer, the Canon PIXMA iX6550.
Canon has just launched the EOS 1100D: an entry-level digital SLR camera that Canon claims is as easy to use as a point-and-shoot camera. This ease of use will stem from new Basic feature, which will allow users to adjust settings based on easy-to-un...
Canon has announced its new top-of-the-line entry-level digital SLR camera, the Canon EOS 600D. It has a whopping 18-megapixel CMOS sensor and uses Canon's DIG!C 4 image processor.
Digital camera manufacturer Canon has announced the production of its 60 millionth lens for the EF digital SLR camera mount. These lenses, for Canon's EOS range of film and digital SLR cameras, have been produced since 1987.
Wikipedia will celebrate its 10th birthday on Saturday, with founder Jimmy Wales having built the site from nothing to one of the most influential destinations on the Internet. Wikipedia's goal may be to compile the sum total of all human knowledge, ...
Canon has announced what the company describes as its smallest professional digital video camera ever. The Canon XA10 is a Full HD (1080p) digital camcorder with a HD CMOS Pro 1/3in sensor; according to Canon, the sensor is 260 per cent larger than t...
IBM earned more U.S. patents in 2010 than any other company, topping the list of patent winners for the 18th year in a row.
Despite Linux's growing popularity, trade shows like CES tend to be dominated by Microsoft and other vendors of closed-source products.
It's been an interesting week watching all the many products coming out of this year's CES, with all their shiny new features and innovative appeal.
At CES in Las Vegas, Olympus got off to a hot start by announcing two new digital cameras that are among the most interesting we've seen at the show so far. The fixed-lens Olympus XZ-1 is a high-end pocket camera that offers full manual controls and ...
Canon has launched a 'Back to School, Back to Work' promotion that offers 'creative packs' to purchasers of select PIXMA printers until 31 March.
Canon has announced three new PowerShot digital cameras: the A3200 IS, A2200 and A1200. The three PowerShot A-Series cameras can record HD footage and will be available in Australia in February/March.
The Multimedia Patent Trust wants royalties every time Apple sells an iPhone
A disproportionate number of people downloading the open source DIY tool being used to launch DDoS attacks on companies deemed hostile to Wikileaks appear to be based in the UK, new figures have suggested.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GeForce GTX 1060 added to Nvidia's For Honor, Ghost Recon: Wildlands free game bundle
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
- Microsoft OneNote for beginners: Everything you need to know
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions ArchitectWA
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPProgram ArchitectQLD
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- FTAEM Architect - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTProject AnalystACT
- CCMigration EngineerACT
- FTCisco Network Engineer (FIFO)WA
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- TPSQL Server Developer | 3 month contract |NSW
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- TPSolution ArchitechtSA
- TPTechnical ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Health experience requiredNSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- FTHelpdesk TechnicianVIC
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW