Canonical continues to make the Ubuntu server edition speedier and more versatile in cloud environments.
The developers of the popular vBulletin commercial Internet forum software are investigating a potential exploit and advised users to delete the "install" directory from their deployments as a precaution.
Canonical is in talks with Dell on making a version of Ubuntu supported by the Chinese government available as a pre-installed OS on the PC maker's upcoming products destined for the Chinese market.
Canonical raised only US$12.8 million of the $32 million it wanted for the production of the Ubuntu-based Edge smartphone.
Canonical has lowered the price of its Ubuntu smartphone to US$695 from $775 in a bid to reach its lofty $32 million crowdfunding goal in the next two weeks.
The latest beta of Canonical's Linux smartphone system shows the outlines of a possible winner
Canonical is taking its innovative smartphone design directly to potential customers. The company has launched a crowdfunding campaign to build the original batch of its planned Ubuntu Edge devices.
Verizon Wireless became the first U.S. carrier to join the Ubuntu Carrier Advisory Group, but it is not clear whether it will eventually promote phones running the open-source Ubuntu OS on its network.
China has picked Canonical's Linux-based Ubuntu OS as the reference architecture to establish a standardized operating system in the nation that could end up in PCs, servers, tablets and smartphones.
Canonical made quite a splash at the start of this year when it announced Ubuntu for phones, but--apart from what it demonstrated at the time--we're still waiting both for the downloadable image it promised to provide for the Galaxy Nexus and for spe...
Smartphones running the open source Ubuntu operating system will start shipping in October, although it isn't clear if they will be available in the U.S., according to a report.
CES attendees took to the FCC's plan for more Wi-Fi spectrum, which was announced at the show on Wednesday, like hungry gamblers to a buffet.
Samsung plans to launch its first cell phones this year based on Tizen, a Linux-based operating system that will principally rival Google's Android OS.
Further expanding from its core mission of providing Linux distributions for desktop computers and servers, Canonical is developing a version of Ubuntu for smartphones.
After months of anticipation by Linux fans around the world, Ubuntu 11.10 “Oneiric Ocelot” made its long-awaited debut on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- As 5G heads for IoT, 4G is far from done
- Microsoft's new Catapult v2 server design is targeted at AI
- Digital transformation is giving IT spending a big boost
- FBI warns that hackers are targeting state election systems
- Nutanix gets hyperconverged with PernixData and Calm.io
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCOracle DevelopersACT