In the years to come, Microsoft's data centers may not be huge buildings tightly packed with server racks, but rather rows of small, stand-alone IT units spread across acres and acres of cool, cheap land.
It's a pretty slow business week when Xerox's $6.4 billion proposed acquisition of Affiliated Computer Services dominates the news.
The global energy bill required to transmit, process and filter spam e-mail in 2008 totaled some 33 billion kilowatt-hours (kWh), according to a new report commissioned by security software vendor McAfee and carried out by ICF International.
Microsoft has set a goal for reducing its carbon emissions and has plans to support the development of software that can help address climate change issues, the company's chief environmental strategist said.
A McAfee study estimates 62 trillion spam e-mails equal 33 billion kilowatt hours of electricity or about as much carbon as 3.1 million cars consuming 2 billion gallons of gasoline. In January, a study by Harvard University claimed two Google searche...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 4 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
- 5 Kogan Agora 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Poaching drivers may be the norm for ride-sharing companies
- Valve sued by ACCC over Steam's refund policy
- Hillary Clinton: 'Our technology companies are not part of our government'
- Paging Dr. Watson, IBM's medical adviser for the future
- Apple event plans set off annual product buzz
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.