So you have a startup and your excitement is hard to contain.You have a novel concept and are in the process of building it out.To get to this juncture you have used your own funds plus monies from friends and family.
Good programmers are notoriously hard to find, but HackerRank thinks it has the answer. A fresh cash infusion suggests it may be on to something.
To attract workers in the competitive technology job market, remote connectivity service provider LogMeIn decided that a change of address was needed.
IT salaries will remain mostly stagnant in 2015, except for workers with highly coveted skill sets, according to a report tracking IT salaries and skills demand in the coming years.
The dearth of software development talent isn't an issue restricted to U.S. businesses. Finding programmers, especially to fill positions in the growing field of health IT, is a global challenge, said speakers Tuesday during a panel discussion on dev...
Oracle is requiring database administrators to upgrade their certifications if the ones they hold are for older versions of its platform.
Working for a startup may have lost its appeal to IT professionals who, after weathering the recent recession, are more interested in positions at medium-sized companies that offer a startup's innovative environment and a large company's stability.
When Abby Cohen and Andrew Brimer decided to locate their health IT startup, Sparo Labs, in St. Louis, neither one considered a Midwest location as a challenge to attracting top technology workers.
U.S. technology professionals searching for jobs may want to look in states not normally considered IT hot spots.
Woe be to the software vendor who aggravates the mental status of recent law school grads.
Software developers may find more employers using customized bonuses to attract and retain them as the job market for their skills stays competitive, according to a salary survey from IT job site Dice.
When Katie Smith interned with Capital One, she expected to spend the summer fetching beverages for her manager -- instead, she started on a career path that led to a full-time IT job at the banking and financial services company.
Free snacks and on-site video games may help companies attract skilled IT workers, but speeding up the hiring cycle is also important. Drawn-out employee searches frustrate IT managers and prompt good candidates to accept jobs elsewhere.
Class of 2014 college graduates looking for their first IT jobs take note: your passion for and experience with technology may prove more helpful in your employment search than your diplomas.
SAP's recently announced plans to overhaul its support services have user groups giving the thumbs up, although it may be some time before many customers feel a big difference.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia