IT professionals looking for new jobs need not fear that the recent spate of bad economic news will hamper their job searches. IT staffing industry executives agree that IT hiring in the U.S. will remain robust through the end of the year, bucking re...
WASHINGTON - Longtime Microsoft executive Steven VanRoekel is set to become the nation's second federal CIO, replacing outgoing federal CIO Vivek Kundra.
With no definitive measure of how IT hiring fared during the recession, job experts hold conflicting opinions about the residual effects on that sector.
Half of the world's top airlines are spending more this year on IT and telecoms, according to the annual SITA/Airline Business Airline IT Trends Survey.
Last week's blog post, Cloud CIO: Yes, Your Job is at Risk, was one of the most widely-read-and definitely the most -post I've ever written for CIO.com. Clearly, the discussion of cloud computing's effect on a CIO's career struck a nerve with readers...
The consumerisation of technology in the workplace, whereby users bring in their own devices and even sign up to their own choice of cloud systems, is drastically changing the role of the IT department.
U.S. tech hiring for the second half of 2011 will increase as the <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/020411-tech-cfos-anticipate-revenue-increase.html">gradually improving economy</a> results in companies updating their IT systems after s...
Eddie Schwartz, former chief security officer at Netwitness Corp., a company recently acquired by EMC, has been named chief security officer of the storage vendor's RSA security division.
In the new book, "The Compassionate Geek: Mastering Customer Service for I.T. Professionals," veteran IT trainer Don R. Crawley lifts a veil on a corner of the enterprise that has some of the most dysfunctional interactions between users and IT: the...
The legal framework in which businesses operate their IT and data security is "totally outdated" and dates "from the 20th Century, while attempting to tackle problems in the 21st", according to a panel of experts.
CIOs would hire more foreign IT workers if they could more easily compare qualifications, according to a new survey.
Health care providers in the U.S. are encountering a lack of qualified candidates as they race to meet federal government deadlines for EHR (electronic health record) and health IT use.
Indian offshore giant Infosys is facing a federal grand jury probe over the use of B-1 visas by its workers, an inquiry that was touched off by a lawsuit filed by a U.S. employee of the company.
As organizations move more of their applications to the cloud, they might find themselves needing skills different from what their system administrators now possess, according to IT executive panel discussions on cloud computing on Wednesday.
You've just been promoted from senior IT engineer into management. Up to now, you've had the opportunity to complete many tasks and lead projects and groups. These experiences have taught you technical skills and given you a keen business sense. But ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW