This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Facebook is looking to hire 9,400 more employees in the next six years, according to reports.
Lawyers for the defence of Raj Rajaratnam, who is accused of inside trading on stocks including AMD, Intel and IBM, have rested their case in New York.
Tyr Chen, a 29-year-old resident of Beijing, is doing what many of his friends won't: He's establishing a startup.
Q&A: David Foote
Social networking websites are fast becoming a staple of corporate recruiting. Depending on which studies you read, anywhere from 39 to 65 percent of companies use social networking websites to identify and screen potential candidates for open positi...
In December 2007, a 49-year-old senior database administrator at a Chicago investment firm decided he couldn't take it anymore. Excessive hours and oppressive management had taken their toll; he was also worn down by the fear and uncertainty of a fin...
A funny thing happened to IT organizations 20 years ago: They started leaking people. The business units began attracting a migration of workers with tech smarts, business savvy, "soft" skills and a grasp of what customers wanted and how to deliver i...
A United Nations report into disaster relief calls for improved data sharing and technology collaboration between agencies to help save lives.
A lawsuit filed by an Infosys Technologies employee who refused to help the India-based company bring in B-1 visa holders is drawing attention from federal investigators, according to his attorney.
Too many organisations do not have comprehensive compliance policies in place for its use, according to Gartner.
Ask a Premier 100 IT Leader: Daniel Wakeman
The London Stock Exchange has made a U-turn on the system requirements placed on data vendors such as Thomson Reuters, Interactive Data and Bloomberg, after three weeks of problems since the launch of its new trading platform.
Later this year, Oracle will begin requiring people interested in gaining Java and Solaris certifications to attend "hands-on" training courses, at an additional cost of thousands of dollars.
There is a disconnect between students getting high-tech degrees and what employers are looking for in those graduates.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW