Nearly three-quarters (73 percent) of female managers believe that there is still a glass ceiling, according to new research from the Institute of Leadership & Management (IL&M).
Incidents of cheating on IT certifications are on the rise, a trend that experts say is an outward sign of the desperation felt by out-of-work and under-employed IT professionals.
Microsoft yesterday accused a former manager of taking hundreds of megabytes of confidential company material when he left the firm for a new position at CRM rival Salesforce.com.
Cloud computing demands a mix of technology skills, negotiating skills, business acumen and people skills. Here are 10 key skills that can help boost your career into the clouds.
A couple IT industry surveys indicate that the business is booming for the tech industry. Opportunities are up for both full-time tech positions and for freelance IT jobs, but some of the news may make IT workers want to abandon the "security" of a s...
Q&A: Dennis and Michelle Reina
It's Cisco Live this week - in London, at least. As usual, Cisco makes certification announcements around the time of the show, and this time the announcement has to do with Security.
To address a rapidly dwindling number of women in IT, the CompTIA Educational Foundation last week created the Women in Information Technology Council and charged it with convincing those with the right knowledge and skills to make IT their career of...
Around half of information security professionals believe that cloud computing will drive an increase in demand for their skills, according to a new survey.
WASHINGTON -- For tech workers, hiring and wages improved at year end, mirroring last month's overall gain in employment.
Q&A: Al Switzler
Q&A: Todd Thibodeaux
Online labor by independent "cloud" workers probably represents nearly $US1 billion per year in earnings in the U.S., said Elance President and CEO Fabio Rosati, who expects the federal government to consider gathering statistics about the sector beg...
Ask a Premier 100 IT Leader: Jinx Walton
A car magazine once declared that a car has "character" if it takes 15 minutes to explain its idiosyncrasies before it can be loaned to a friend. By that standard, every piece of software has character -- all too often, right of the box.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
- Yahoo pushes back timing of Verizon deal after breaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - CRMVIC
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT