Nearly three-quarters (73 percent) of female managers believe that there is still a glass ceiling, according to new research from the Institute of Leadership & Management (IL&M).
Incidents of cheating on IT certifications are on the rise, a trend that experts say is an outward sign of the desperation felt by out-of-work and under-employed IT professionals.
Microsoft yesterday accused a former manager of taking hundreds of megabytes of confidential company material when he left the firm for a new position at CRM rival Salesforce.com.
Cloud computing demands a mix of technology skills, negotiating skills, business acumen and people skills. Here are 10 key skills that can help boost your career into the clouds.
A couple IT industry surveys indicate that the business is booming for the tech industry. Opportunities are up for both full-time tech positions and for freelance IT jobs, but some of the news may make IT workers want to abandon the "security" of a s...
Q&A: Dennis and Michelle Reina
It's Cisco Live this week - in London, at least. As usual, Cisco makes certification announcements around the time of the show, and this time the announcement has to do with Security.
To address a rapidly dwindling number of women in IT, the CompTIA Educational Foundation last week created the Women in Information Technology Council and charged it with convincing those with the right knowledge and skills to make IT their career of...
Around half of information security professionals believe that cloud computing will drive an increase in demand for their skills, according to a new survey.
WASHINGTON -- For tech workers, hiring and wages improved at year end, mirroring last month's overall gain in employment.
Q&A: Al Switzler
Q&A: Todd Thibodeaux
Online labor by independent "cloud" workers probably represents nearly $US1 billion per year in earnings in the U.S., said Elance President and CEO Fabio Rosati, who expects the federal government to consider gathering statistics about the sector beg...
Ask a Premier 100 IT Leader: Jinx Walton
A car magazine once declared that a car has "character" if it takes 15 minutes to explain its idiosyncrasies before it can be loaned to a friend. By that standard, every piece of software has character -- all too often, right of the box.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET/SQL) 160714/AP/265Asia
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW