Investor Carl Icahn has ripped into the eBay board of directors and called for the company to spin off its PayPal unit in a colorful letter to eBay stockholders released Monday.
Prominent shareholder advisory group Institutional Shareholder Services has given a stamp of approval to Dell founder Michael Dell's bid to take the company private.
Investor Carl Icahn and Southeastern Asset Management have made a counter-offer for Dell that would keep the computer company still publicly traded, according to reports.
Carl Icahn, the activist investor who pushed for some of the big changes that have taken place at Yahoo, announced his resignation Friday from the company's board of directors.
Carl Icahn, an investor who made waves last year for pushing Yahoo to accept Microsoft's merger bid, has sold 12.7 million shares of Yahoo stock in recent days, according to regulatory filings on Monday.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Michael Dell and Silver Lake's decision to raise the offer to take Dell private is a concession that rival Carl Icahn and affiliate parties may have an upper hand in the wrangling to take over the company, observers of the deal said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW