The White House has declined to act on two petitions, collectively signed by 90,000 people, that called for the president to fire the federal prosecutors who charged the late Internet activist Aaron Swartz with computer hacking.
U.S. lawmakers pledged to rewrite an antihacking law as hundreds of people gathered in Washington, D.C., to mourn the death of Internet activist and innovator Aaron Swartz.
Demand Progress, the tech activist group founded by the late Aaron Swartz, and Harvard law professor Lawrence Lessig have called on supporters to press the U.S. Congress to investigate Swartz's prosecuting attorney and to pass a law to decriminalize ...
The cofounder of online news site Reddit has been charged with computer intrusion, fraud and data theft for allegedly stealing 4.8 million documents from a Massachusetts Institute of Technology network, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung still struggling with the recovery of Note7 phones from users
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- TPSAP ABAP ProgrammerQLD
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT