Need something to watch on a flight? You can download an episode of your favorite show in less than a minute and a half on Verizon Wireless at Atlanta's airport -- or spend 13 hours doing the same over T-Mobile USA at Los Angeles International.
AT&T's acquisition of DirecTV appears headed for approval, with Tom Wheeler, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission circulating to commissioners an order recommending approval, although with some conditions.
Carriers around the world are converging on 2017 as the year to turn off their GSM networks, with three operators in Singapore announcing Monday their plans to reuse their GSM spectrum for other services.
It's been two years since Google first disclosed Project Loon, and while the company continues to keep most details of the project secret, the technology and challenges behind it are slowly coming into focus.
The mobile industry is trying to shoot down another law requiring cellphone radiation warnings.
Anyone who dreads hearing one end of a loud phone call all the way from Anchorage to Miami, take heart: The plan to allow cellphones on planes could fail in more ways than an overbooked flight at a snowbound airport on Christmas Eve.
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
Nokia's is rebooting its U.S. Windows Phone push with the arrival of the low-cost Lumia 521 on T-Mobile and Lumia 928 for Verizon Wireless, but increasing sales to meaningful volumes in the very competitive U.S. market will not be easy.
Operators and telecom equipment vendors are showing a growing interest in small cells, which aim to give users improved coverage and speeds.
More subscribers, networks with better coverage and devices that can be used in more countries are converging to make LTE roaming a more viable proposition, with some operators already offering such services on a limited scale and more on the way.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Facebook denies bias in Trending Topics, but promises changes nevertheless
- ‘Absolutely not’: No regrets ditching NBN FTTP rollout, says Pyne
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCCampaign ManagerNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW