Need something to watch on a flight? You can download an episode of your favorite show in less than a minute and a half on Verizon Wireless at Atlanta's airport -- or spend 13 hours doing the same over T-Mobile USA at Los Angeles International.
AT&T's acquisition of DirecTV appears headed for approval, with Tom Wheeler, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission circulating to commissioners an order recommending approval, although with some conditions.
Carriers around the world are converging on 2017 as the year to turn off their GSM networks, with three operators in Singapore announcing Monday their plans to reuse their GSM spectrum for other services.
It's been two years since Google first disclosed Project Loon, and while the company continues to keep most details of the project secret, the technology and challenges behind it are slowly coming into focus.
The mobile industry is trying to shoot down another law requiring cellphone radiation warnings.
Anyone who dreads hearing one end of a loud phone call all the way from Anchorage to Miami, take heart: The plan to allow cellphones on planes could fail in more ways than an overbooked flight at a snowbound airport on Christmas Eve.
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
Nokia's is rebooting its U.S. Windows Phone push with the arrival of the low-cost Lumia 521 on T-Mobile and Lumia 928 for Verizon Wireless, but increasing sales to meaningful volumes in the very competitive U.S. market will not be easy.
Operators and telecom equipment vendors are showing a growing interest in small cells, which aim to give users improved coverage and speeds.
More subscribers, networks with better coverage and devices that can be used in more countries are converging to make LTE roaming a more viable proposition, with some operators already offering such services on a limited scale and more on the way.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC