India has decided to allow mobile services operations to be wholly owned by foreign investors, a move that is expected to lead multinationals to take full control of their Indian joint ventures by buying out local partners.
The Green Electronics Council plans to expand its EPEAT environmental rating system later this year to include smartphones, the council said Tuesday.
AT&T is offering no-contract smartphones and tablets on monthly installments, with the promise of an annual upgrade, taking on similar offers by competitor T-Mobile US.
AT&T plans to acquire Leap Wireless, operator of the Cricket prepaid mobile service, in what would be the latest consolidation of the U.S. mobile industry.
Verizon Wireless became the first U.S. carrier to join the Ubuntu Carrier Advisory Group, but it is not clear whether it will eventually promote phones running the open-source Ubuntu OS on its network.
Sprint and its new owner, SoftBank, hit the ground running on Thursday by announcing service plans that can include guaranteed talk, text and data for life.
T-Mobile will begin its rollout of phones based on Mozilla's Firefox OS when it puts the Alcatel One Touch on sale in Poland next week.
SoftBank completed its US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint Nextel on Wednesday, capping a months-long effort that was complicated by two bidding wars and some national-security objections but is expected to produce a stronger rival to the dominant ...
T-Mobile US will let its customers switch phones twice a year under a new service announced Wednesday, the company's latest move to set itself apart from its larger rivals.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved the $21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint by Japanese telecommunications group Softbank, saying it promises to bring consumers faster and more advanced wireless broadband Internet service.
Alcatel-Lucent and Telekom Austria have completed the world's first trial of G.fast, new technology enabling gigabit broadband over existing copper networks.
In the wee hours of Sunday morning, Sprint Nextel will give its iDEN push-to-talk network the final push -- over the edge.
Myanmar is a step closer to offering affordable mobile services after selecting two international carriers to launch telecommunications networks in one of Asia's last untapped markets.
Verizon Wireless has completed the initial rollout of its 4G LTE network, covering 95 percent of the U.S. population, and is now looking to reuse other spectrum for LTE and deploy small cells using the technology.
Sprint Nextel shareholders have voted overwhelmingly to approve SoftBank's US$21.6 billion takeover bid, setting the stage for the deal to close early next month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC