Dave Stephenson is at the center of one of the most important efforts in mobile networking, the move to shepherd smartphones and other devices among Wi-Fi hotspots safely and automatically.
Ericsson is aiming to make mobile networks better at handling HD video by improving the performance of regular base stations and adding small cells in a coordinated way.
Sprint Nextel posted another quarterly loss but reported progress toward becoming just plain Sprint, a company with more money and fewer networks, which it hopes to be by the end of this year.
If that computer company he's buying doesn't work out, Michael Dell has another bet going: TV stations.
Hailo, the U.K.-based developer of taxi-hailing mobile apps, has landed fresh investment from KDDI, one of Japan's largest mobile operators.
ZTE and China Mobile have successfully tested carrier aggregation, and achieved peak download speed of 223Mbps in the Chinese operator's LTE TDD network.
Service providers will be able to launch Ethernet services more quickly and make them work across other carriers more easily with a new set of standards for carrier Ethernet equipment, backers of the specifications say.
AT&T said Thursday it had restored its U-verse broadband service to all customers who suffered from a widespread outage this week.
A problem caused by a software upgrade has caused a widespread outage on AT&T's U-verse broadband service this week, leading to a torrent of attacks against the carrier on social media.
KDDI, which runs one of Japan's largest mobile networks, is considering selling smartphones based on the new Firefox operating system from Mozilla.
NTT DoCoMo, the largest mobile operator in Japan, will offer Sony's new flagship smartphone and ultrathin tablet as part of its Spring lineup, as it attempts to hold off rivals riding the success of their Apple offerings.
AT&T sold a record number of smartphones in the last three months of 2012 as consumers snapped up new products from the likes of Apple and Samsung.
India has cut in half the minimum bid price for 2G spectrum to be used by operators of CDMA services, after there were no bidders in an auction for the spectrum last year.
Japan's Softbank has sold off a large portion of a local carrier it acquired just weeks ago, as it looked to assuage fears over its expanded control of Japan's wireless spectrum.
AT&T is violating the spirit of net neutrality with its policies on the use of small cellular base stations in homes, the consumer advocate group Public Knowledge says.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- Up to a dozen banks are reportedly investigating potential SWIFT breaches
- Google goes after Microsoft, Tableau, and others with a new free analytics tool
- 'Black box' no more: This system can spot the bias in those algorithms
- Senators want warrant protections for US email stored overseas
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD