Google has chosen 34 cities across the U.S. as the next sites for possible expansion of its gigabit-speed Fiber Internet service.
Alcatel-Lucent is betting big on operators wanting to virtualize their mobile networks using NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) technology, in order to become more nimble and less reliant on proprietary hardware.
Relations between BlackBerry and T-Mobile have turned frosty after a promotion last week saw T-Mobile BlackBerry users offered a cheap iPhone.
Vodafone's subscribers will soon be able to roam using their smartphones and tablets via LTE networks in 18 countries, including the U.K., Germany and France.
Ericsson and Ciena have signed a global agreement to develop joint transport solutions for converged IP and optical networks that also use SDN (software-defined networking) features.
Cable operators Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications have joined forces and formed WifiForward, an organization that will work to protect existing unlicensed frequencies and get lawmakers to free up more spectrum.
Comcast will acquire Time Warner Cable in a US$45.2 billion all-stock deal, the companies said Thursday.
Residents of Google's hometown could soon be connecting to the Internet again via a free, citywide Wi-Fi network.
India is auctioning spectrum for mobile wireless services for the third time starting Monday, after reducing the minimum price for access to the airwaves.
For enterprises that are thinking about switching from fixed to wireless Internet access, Sierra Wireless has launched the AirLink ES440 LTE gateway.
AT&T gained subscribers for both its mobile and high-speed wireline services in the fourth quarter, posting revenue and profit increases from a year earlier.
Verizon Communications shareholders pushed forward the full buyout of Verizon Wireless on Tuesday, voting to approve the issuance of stock to Vodafone Group shareholders.
French operator Orange has announced a number of packages that include data roaming abroad, joining competitors in a move that is likely be replicated all over Europe as EU regulators turn up the heat.
AT&T has said it doesn't intend to make an offer for Vodafone in the next six months, but that could change overnight if a competitor makes an offer.
A new Google service uses YouTube to shed some light on the bandwidth delivered by ISPs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTTest Analyst, Finance Software SolutionsNSW
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW