With new Qualcomm-based products, more funds and a U.S. expansion, free Wi-Fi aggregator Fon expects to reach 35 million hotspots by 2016.
For enterprises that don't want employees to roam using cellular networks, Telefónica has launched Universal Wi-Fi, which offers coverage in 110 countries.
French network operator Orange has acquired a minority stake in the Japanese company G-cluster Global, as it looks to accelerate its mobile gaming push.
Sprint will let friends, neighbors or any other group join up for savings on monthly bills under the Sprint Framily Plan, announced on Tuesday.
When AT&T technology and network chief John Donovan said on Monday that he felt good about the carrier's spectrum position, he had an extra reason for his optimism.
Car makers such as Audi and GM are integrating LTE wireless technology in their new models, offering customers faster access to the Internet but not much choice since they have both signed deals with AT&T.
AT&T will let media companies and other partners cover the cost of delivering some data over the carrier's mobile network, letting subscribers click on videos and other content without worrying about their monthly data caps.
French government and police officials requested 6,145 phone and data taps in 2012, fewer than in 2011, according to figures released by the French National Commission for the Control of Security Interceptions (CNCIS) earlier this week.
Japanese conglomerate SoftBank and German carrier Deutsche Telekom are close to a deal that would merge T-Mobile US with Sprint, eliminating one of the four major mobile competitors in the U.S., according to the Nikkei news agency.
Apple plans to offer the iPhone to more than 760 million China Mobile customers from January, which could help it increase its share from the fifth position in this growing market.
AT&T has joined Verizon Communications in promising to report on government requests for information about its customers, setting the stage for semiannual disclosures from both the dominant U.S. wireline carriers starting early next year.
T-Mobile USA looks set to reveal the next step in its "un-carrier" plan at January's CES in Las Vegas.
Huawei Technologies and Polish operator Exatel have tested a next-generation optical network based on WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing) technology and capable of 400Gbps throughput.
Verizon Communications will report on law-enforcement requests for information on its customers that it received in 2013, following similar moves that major online companies have made but rival AT&T has not.
The GSM Association, operators and vendors have published a specification that enables remote provisioning of embedded SIM identification modules, which should cut the cost of connecting cars and utility meters to the Internet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers deploy rogue proxies on computers to hijack HTTPS traffic
- Intel's new Kaby Lake chips for PC: Here's the company's vision
- New ransomware threat deletes files from Linux web servers
- HPE is betting big on AI to fuel your apps and analytics
- Apple must repay $14.5 billion in underpaid taxes in Ireland
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC